tsukishima kei

EDITED: 6/19/21

I'm a girl that is very antisocial. Well, maybe. I just don't like going out on trips or hanging out because I'm very very lazy. But I do have friends, well friends not best friends since I kinda isolated myself from them.

Isolating yourself from your circle of friends, don't do it. It's gonna hurt you so bad just like what happened to me. I did it and literally had all these thoughts in mind.

When I did that, my friends never tried to message me if I were okay or something. I totally felt like I didn't know who they were anymore, it was as if five chapters in the middle of a book was left unread.

Today is just another day in school. My used-to-be-called bestfriend, she's now sitting beside me at the back of the classroom, but even so, I don't feel very close to her still.

"Guys there's a quiz!" the president announced.

"(Y/n)-chan do you have notes?" Yamaguchi-kun asked, and I nodded as I handed him my notebook.

"Ok, settle down! I'll give you all ten minutes to review your notes." Our sensei said as he entered the classroom.

I was getting uneasy since there were three minutes left to scan my notes before the quiz begins. "(Y/n)-chan, here." I got my notes and immediately scanned them.

"Ok the quiz starts now, get your quiz notebook and a pen." Sensei waited for everyone to have their notebooks and pens before we started. "Ok number 1-4, what is the meaning of S P D F in the periodic table." Sensei smiled and chuckled at our panicking faces.

"I forgot D and F. Tsukishima-kun do you know the answer?" I ask.

He mouthed 'diffuse' and 'fundamental' while he kept in his laughter. If you all are wondering why we're not strict with the quizzes and  communication between students, uhm.. I don't know but we always do it.

I gave Tsukishima a thumbs up as I wrote it on my notebook. "Number five, what is the ion name for proton?"

I immediately wrote it down then looked back up since I was done writing. I looked around and saw Tsukishima and Raina asking for help. I mouthed 'Cation' while smiling.

The quiz went on with helping out each other, even Kiyuchira Rika, the one beside me had always asked for questions. "I can't believe we always do that." Tsukishima laughed, and so did we.

When the bell rang, we went out to have recess. The ten of us, all 1st years of our section, sat on one table with our last year adviser.

"Hey what's your viand?" asked Tsukishima.

"I have chicken." Yamaguchi answered.

"I've got beef teriyaki, want some?" I asked, and Tsukishima nodded.

"Hey, I want some toooooo." Ruichiro said, and I handed my bento to them.

After eating, we went back to the classroom. Now, it's dead silent. I'm sitting on my chair, daydreaming. On the other side of the room, there they are, the famous group. They're talking about all the great stuff.

I don't know, but I think of Tsukishima these days. I dreamt of him even. He hugged me and held my hand, and when I let go of his hand, he took it again. I felt my face heat up.

"Are you alright?" Tsukishima asked as he placed the back of his palm on my forehead. I took his hand and removed it.

"I'm fine." I say as I look away.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" He asked, held my chin, and directed my face to look at him.

"I-I just don't want to. Your face is so close. I can't." He chuckled, then smirked right after.

"Hmm, how about a kiss?" I look away upon seeing his smirk, and he laughs. "Joke. Why would I?"

Tsukishima let go of my face, then went back to his group. I was furious. I ran out and up to the rooftop. I sat there--cold and alone. I looked at the view from up here and tried to forget the embarrassment I felt.

"If you don't like me, don't pretend that you do." I say to myself.

tsukishima

She's missed 2 classes. Where is she? It was a joke, or was I too much? "Yamaguchi, did you see (Y/n)?" He shook his head, and I started to worry.

"You like her, don't you?" Mitsuba smirked at me.

"Huh? I don't." I said.

"You like her, and don't deny it. It's obvious as heck. The way you tried to avoid our dare of making you do that to her--your reactions though." Yoshihina laughed at me.

"So what if I do?" I asked.

"It's cute to think you guys were never close to begin with." Rika said.

I moped out of the classroom and searched for her. It took me five minutes to realize that she could be at the rooftop. I walk up the stairs, and as I opened the door, she was there about to open it. We locked eyes.

I sigh and pat her head. "I thought something bad happened to you." She pushed me and turned around to walk away. "Hey, don't walk away from me." I took her hand and pulled her back.

"What do you want?" She asked, and I found her eyes red.

"Were you crying?" I asked.

"Yes, I was." She answered, and tears started streaming down her face.

"Hey.."

"It's you. Stop pretending like you like me." She said and glared at me.

"I do like you." I said, and she just kept on crying. I held her hands and intertwined our fingers. "I like you. y/n, we were never close." I wipe her cheeks, and she frowns.

"I don't even know if I like you, but it hurt so much when you did that." She said.

"I'm sorry." She looked at me, and I brought my face closer to hers and kissed her. I paused and realized how red her face was. "I'm sorry.."

"You like me.." I nod slowly, and she frowns. "You're serious?" I sigh and turn on my heel to walk out, when she holds my hand and pulls me back. Her eyes are begging me to stay. "I-I don't know if I like you--"

I bend over, level our faces, and keep only an inch of distance between our lips. "Do you need another kiss to know that--?" She cut me off by a kiss. "Uhm.." 

Once she realized what she did, she stepped back and ran away from me. I just stood and tried to process what happened. It took me a while to realize she ran away from me.

"Ha.. why do I like that idiot?" My face feels hot..