kageyama x reader

**note: this is not an update but the resurrection of the dead. this is a continuation of kid tobio and reader from a oneshot way back. enjoy, though it is short.

years have passed and now, (y/n) and kageyama are both in highschool. both enrolled in karasuno but since (y/n) is a lot smarter than kageyama, they're on separate rooms.

"(y/n) i hate that your smart." she looked at her bestfriend who was frowning. "i'm wanna laugh because you're so dumb." she chuckled. "that was offensive." the girl just smiled at him and started walking to her classroom when she bumped into someone.

"ow.." she looked up to see a tall blonde, with glasses and a green haired freckled boy. "(l/n)-san?" the green one tilted his head at the girl. "yamaguchi? OMG." she hugged the lad tight in excitement. "ok ok break away from the hug." kageyama says, pulling the girl away. the blonde and kageyama glares at each other.

"yamaguchi, let's go. we're wasting time on peasants." the blonde smirk and (y/n) just had to kick him at his stomach. "oi!" the male grunted. kageyama snickered. "peasant? really? at least i don't look like a lamppost you blonde specimen." she says.

"who cares?" he says. "anyways, (y/n) i'm going now." kageyama excused himself and went to his room. "yamaguchi-kun, how are you friends with a jerk?" she shot a death glare at the blonde.

"all right all right, class is about to start. now go to your seats." the teacher sighed at the blonde and the girl as they went to their seats. "it's the start of a new year, make sure to complete your requirements. highschool is harder than you all think it is. i will dismiss you here, get ready for your first class." she collected her files and left the room.

(y/n) stared at the view outside the window, feeling the cool breeze brush against her skin. "(y/n)-chan, would you like to eat with us later?" yamaguchi faced her. "uh.. i'll be eating with kageyama-kun, sorry." she replied with an apologetic smile. the freckled boy sighed and reverted his attention to the front.

time skip -

the class was over and (y/n) is now looking for her friend. "where could that jerk be?" she was wandering around the halls not realizing that someone was in front of her, causing them to collide into each other.

"ow, this bitch!" the girl pulled her by her collar, (y/n) didn't flinch. "you should be looking at where you're going." she punched her at the cheek, making (y/n) fall to the floor. the girl was about to throw another punch when kageyama stopped her from doing so.

"who told you to hurt her?" kageyama shot her a death glare. "tch, she wasn't looking. she bumped into me." the girl sassed at the black haired boy which made him angrier. (y/n) held his hand making him stop in his tracks. "it's just the first day, don't make a scene." she said, pulling themselves away from the crowd.

they're now in the infirmary, kageyama treating (y/n)'s bleeding cheek. "i told you to always be careful. especially for jerks like her!" he said as he cleaned the wound. "ok ok i get, just calm down." she said, pinching his cheek in the process. "you know why i'm this protective over you, right?" the girl turned to her friend whose eyes were on his shaking hands.

"why?" she asked. "it's cuz i like you." he mumbled under his breath. "what?" the boy looked at her, cupping her cheek then planting a soft kiss on her lips. "i said i like you, damn it." he pulled away with a tint of pink on his cheeks. "why are you so cute when you're shy?" she teased. "i like you too." she smiled.

"w-whatever. i've finished taking care of your wound, s-so let's just go." she just laughed.

walking out of the infirmary, kageyama was very protective. "no, no don't bump into her. you too don't." he said to people as he walked her back to her classroom. "hey we're here." she was about to walk straight into her room, when he held her by her wrist.

"be at the school's gate by 5 PM, go out right after class. don't get into trouble." she nodded repeatedly. "i'll be there by 5." he kissed her on her forehead and finally left.

"never knew the monsters could be sweet." tsukishima commented. "he's not the monster, the monster's you." she replied, sitting down and sleeping before the bell rings for the next class.

    Okay again this is short af. But well whatever, I'll be updating with "requests" on Monday, then I'll update with rewritten works the next time I'm able to. Won't be for long so I hope y'all be waiting!