shirabu x reader

**this is the resurrection of the dead. enjoy.

    I'm on the couch, surfing through the TV channels looking for something nice to watch. But I guess there won't be any at this time of the day.

    I'm currently waiting for my fiancé to get home. I do this all the time which actually I enjoy, somehow. I press the button on the remote, still looking for something. Giving up, I just opened Netflix and played "Howl's Moving Castle."

    I checked the clock and it's 11PM. I waited longer, I don't want him coming home to unwelcoming arms. I just want to help him for the very least, whatever it is that I could help him with.

    I rest my head on the armrest of the couch, falling asleep quite a few times. I pinch myself to keep me awake.
Two hours passed and I finally heard the door unlock.

    "I'm home." Kenjiro greeted, taking his shoes off. He went up to me and kissed me on the cheek.

    "Do you want to eat? I'll heat the food up if you want." I asked and he shook his head.

    "I already ate. I'll be writing my report in my office, you go ahead and sleep." I sighed, watching him drag his feet to his office. He seemed more tired than usual.

    I turned off the TV, and stored the leftovers in different containers, putting them inside the refrigerator. I washed the dishes and headed to bed.

    I stared at the ceiling as I couldn't fall asleep, worrying about him. Kenjiro's a 5th year Med Student, he's graduating this year, I on the other hand graduated last year. Even if he's a student, I couldn't help but think that he's not one anymore. Med School's tough.

    An hour or so passed, I heard the water run from the bathroom beside this room. Minutes later, the door opened. I pretended to have fallen asleep already.

    Kenjiro laid beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him.

    "I'm sorry." He whispered. I moaned, turning around to face him. I guess he thought I was dreaming.

    shirabu's pov

    Just like how it's always been, I got home and saw (Y/n) waiting for me. I always come home very late, and she's always there either asleep, sleepy or awake, waiting for my return.

    She's been waiting for me like this for two years now. Ever since we moved in together, she always waited. Like just a month ago, she waited for me at the dining table, she was already asleep. I had to carry her to the bedroom. Last week, I got home and saw her drinking coffee to keep herself awake.

    I checked my phone to see if there were notices about the patients but instead I saw an unread message from (Y/n). I didn't even notice this, and it was sent five hours ago.

    "Are you eating at home tonight? If so, do you want me to cook your favorite soup?" -Love.

    I sighed. I tried brushing my thoughts off, focusing on writing the reports about the patients I handle. Looking at the records, only made me think of (Y/n). I leaned on my chair, frustration all over me. I tried my best to finish the report despite the distraction.

    I'm just worried that one day she'd say that she regrets being with me, or that I'd hurt her because I always make her wait.

    I finished my report and I decided to take a shower. When I got to our bedroom, she was already asleep. She looks tired, but she still thinks of me.

    I gently laid beside her and wrapped my arm around her waist, I pulled her closer.

    "I'm sorry." I whispered. She suddenly turned around, I panicked I thought I woke her up, but she's just sleeping soundly.