atsumu x reader

so someone piqued my interest with a songfic(?) so i decided to write it because, i like the idea ehehehe. the song is paubaya by moira dela torre, a filipina singer here in the Philippines.
anyway, enjoy :)

————

It's kind of hard, the constant thought of letting someone go—someone precious and close to my heart. The thought would unconsciously cross my mind; not once, not twice but more than it should, in my life.

Isn't it scary? To let someone, we love, go? The person who gets the most attention from us—attention, love, care, worry, interest—they get it from us more than anyone. But no one really realizes that until it's too late.

We live our lives, quick to catch on to different things that don't concern us, but oblivious to ones that include us. It's just crazy how us, human beings, are. We live like that everyday.

    If you can do both, congrats, you can be cautious over the things that revolve around you and everyone else. I can't, that's why it sucks. Nor can the person who I wish would just catch on.

    It's currently club activities, and the usual is going on at the moment. I'm on the bench, taking into mind whatever mistake or attack they've done. I would also try to shut the fangirls up, especially Atsumu's. He might kill them one day.

    The whistle blew, making me spring up from my seat to give the boys their bottles. Why am I in this club in the first place? I don't really know... but I kind of do, I just deny the fact that it is the reason.

    I tap his shoulder, and he turns around. I hand him the bottle, giving him a small smile before going over to the others. "(Y/n)." I stop in my tracks, turning to him with both brows raised. "You seem down." Atsumu commented.

    "I'm upright, Miya-san. I'm fine." I smile sweetly, seeing how his eyes are rejecting my response. "Why do you think I'm upset or down?" I ask, giving Osamu the last bottle I had in hand.

    "You call me Tsumu, or Atsu—not that it matters. I'm fine with either name, but it just means that you're down." I hum, amused at how he had factors like that to consider. "Are you or are you not?"

    "Drink your water." I tell him, and he obeys me. "Well, doesn't matter. I'm fine with either mood, nothing changed anyway." I answer, smiling at him. He raised a brow and I ignored him, having him pull me back by grabbing my hand.

Atsumu looked at my face, tucking the strand of hair behind my ear. He kissed my forehead, ruffling my hair when he pulled away. "Stop looking so gloomy, is it because of the pigs?" I shake my head, trying to get away from him. "Stop running away from me, I'm your boyfriend."

    "I have a job to do, jeez." He furrowed his brows, and this time I really ignored him.

    I collect the bottles to refill them, and excuse myself from coach. I head out of the gym, noticing and meeting his friend right outside the door. She flinched, and abruptly tried to leave but stopped when she saw who I was.

    "Oh, it's you." She says, disinterest evident in her voice. "You were talking to him just now."

    "Ah, really?" She nods. "So, what do you think did we talked about?" I ask, seeing her hold her chin as she thought of her answer.