bokuto x reader

parte uno. | comenzar.

    Moments of sunshine, tender love, smiles and laughter. Just being with you is enough. More than anything, all I want is for you to be happy. But first, I need to make myself happy.

    Love shall not bound us together, but ourselves. Love yourself first before you love others. Love that is from an incomplete heart, falters and breaks apart.

    Learn to love yourself as much as you'd want to love others. Begin to love your scars, your flaws— insecurities everywhere around your body. Loving your own kind of beauty, and not those of others.

    Be complete before you try to bind yourself with someone else. Incomplete love will only fail, no matter how hard you try to fix your problems.

    Look into the mirror and tell yourself, "I am beautiful," smile at your reflection, and admire your beauty. Don't let others make you envy them, but envy yourself. Well, that just means, love who you are.

    But don't love yourself too much that you become cocky and egocentric.

    "(Y/n), watch me play today?" My boyfriend looks at me with glistening eyes, smiling and eyes' corners curling up, showing me his beautiful eye smile. He holds my hands swaying it from side to side.

    "Kou, I always watch you play." I smile and he pulls me into a hug, happy to hear my response. He breaks the hug and smiles brightly at me, that child-like smile always seems to make my heart jump. "It's practice right? With Karasuno's middle blockers and the cats."

    "Yep! I will help those crows train! See me get a nice spike!" He throws his fist into the air, bringing it back down and pointing his thumb to his chest, the other hand sitting on his waist. "If you watch I'll be more motivated!"

    "You're so happy to hear me come?" He nods, holding my hand, intertwining our fingers. He rubs my hand with his thumb, giving me a warm smile.

    "You love a very obnoxious me, how can I not be happy?" He pecks my lips, a smile forms on my face. He ruffles my hair with his free hand, suddenly changing his expression, realizing something. "I used obnoxious in the right way, right?" I chuckle, nodding my head, he sighs in relief to see me reply.

    Not expected, but hoped for. I've always laid my eyes on the men's volleyball team's ace, Bokuto Koutaro. Just like he described himself, he's quite obnoxious— that's what I like about him.

    He may be somehow irritating considering that he's always loud, but his wild attitude makes me so drawn to him. He's always so cheerful and loves himself as the ace, making it to the nation's top four.

    I came to one of their matches in the Preliminaries, he was sulking after he failed to perform a proper attack. I thought it was cute of him to be like that.

    I stand by the pole for the net, watching him play 3v3 alongside Hinata and Akaashi, having Kuroo, Lev and Tsukishima form the opposing team.

    The four-eyes were never determined the first time I've seen him play, he is smart, seeing how he play that is. Hinata's always proactive. Lev is still a newbie, and Kuroo still that cat.

I clap my hands as Bokuto makes a successful, down-the-line straight spike attack, passing through the blockers. There he goes asking Akaashi and me if we have seen his attack, I smile and give him a thumbs up.