kageyama x reader

i was dumped with a load of homework so i wasn't able to start writing earlier, sorry!ps i'll use a random date as a birthday so

ps i'll use a random date as a birthday so... uhm..

!Trigger Warning!

————

Today's a normal day, I'd come over to watch my friends practice to improve their skills. They're all so enthusiastic about volleyball that I don't get it, but as long as I could see my friends happy then I'm happy too.

I'm watching Kindaichi and Kunimi just pass the ball to each other, trying their bests to improve their passes/receives. I look over to my left and find Kageyama trying to ask Oikawa-san again to teach him how to do a jump serve.

Kageyama's not really sociable, he has trouble telling everyone how he feels but to me... I could just see it. No matter how hard he tries to hide himself, I could still tell. He's just a boy that's striving for the best for himself.

"Tobio, how about you play with Kunimi and Kindaichi first?" I ask, walking up to my friend, trying my best to avert his attention to something else. He glances at our friends and turns to me to nod. I grab his hand and we run to the two boys. "Hey guys let him join!"

"Does he want to?" Kindaichi looks at me and I nod, pushing Kageyama to join them. "Okay then." He smiles at the two stone-faced kids and the three of them started playing with each other.

I'm only watching them play but, all of them are happy. Kunimi and Kageyama don't usually smile, well they're not smiling right now... but their eyes are.

Kindaichi grabs my wrist and makes me play with them too. I keep messing up since I don't know how to play the sport but they still made me. Kunimi snickered and patted my head when I messed up for the 20th time. Even Kageyama's trying his best to not laugh.

I laugh along with them and we continue playing the sport. I got the hang of it by the time we had to go home. I walk home with Kageyama since we live near each other. I would tell him stories from my childhood and he'd give a few reactions.

"We're all friends, right? You looked so happy back there! You even smiled when you usually don't." I say, pointing to his face, laughing when I saw him turn red. "But hey, if you need someone to talk to about your troubles.. I'm always here." I give him a warm smile, hearing a chuckle from him. "A pretty face needs a pretty smile; keep that look."

I wave goodbye to him as I run to my mother who we met on the way. Kageyama gave a small nod and went to his house. I glance to see if he was still there, but he went home.