suna x reader (a.e)

"Just because we have to, what other reason should there be?" I don't understand what she's saying. I don't understand anything.

"We are not breaking up... not without any valid reason. Did you really expect me to say 'okay, fine'? I didn't ask you to be my girlfriend for us to break up." I blurt out, seeing her just break down and cry in front of me.

"You don't understand..."

"Of course I don't! You never said anything to me for the past few months! I don't even know what's going on with you aside from thinking that you're okay, believing that you are because that's what you tell me--"

"I have leukemia and I'm pregnant." What? She held onto her head, taking the wig off... My heart broke. "T-This.. This is.. I've been lying.. I couldn't tell you.." I burst into tears, pulling her into a hug.

I never knew that this was what's bothering her. The thing with her losing more of her hair everyday.. I should've known. It was already obvious and yet I didn't even notice it. She was struggling and yet.. I haven't done anything to help her.

Neither of us pulled away from the hug, we stayed like that until both of us calmed down. Things must've been very difficult for her. I should've known.. I promised her that I'd be around whenever she needed help, but what have I been doing? Have I done anything?

I'm going to take care of her until she gets well, she'll be okay. I'm going to stay even if she'd try pushing me away. How can I walk away and act like nothing's wrong when I already know the truth? I can't.

I pat her back and kiss the side of her head, trying my best to calm her down. I also need to calm down, she needs someone to lean on. I can't be her shoulder to cry on if I'm going to break down before she even does. I'm her boyfriend after all.

Seeing how bad her condition has gotten, finding out that she's pregnant--all of this is too heavy for me to carry. It was too sudden, but it's better sudden than late. I don't want to receive a call someday, a call from someone I don't know, telling me that she's dead.

I don't want to walk around town, going to school, living my life when she's fighting for hers. I can't stand it. What a boyfriend I am. I didn't even see through everything! I should've pestered someone else to know the truth! I could've been around to help her.

"Have you finally calmed down..?" I ask, feeling her clench my uniform. She pulled away, looking at me with tears flowing from her eyes. "I'm sorry that I didn't know sooner. I'm sorry.."

"We should just--"

"Not when I know how much you're suffering. I'm not going to let you break up with me. Okay?" She slowly nodded her head. "Are you going to the hospital after this?" She bit her bottom lip and nodded. "I love you, depend on me.. please?"

"I'm sorry for not telling you.. I just don't want to keep you from moving forward." I wipe her cheeks, smiling to keep myself from breaking down.

"We're going to move forward, together."

~~~

I was diagnosed with leukemia during my second year. He and I just first started dating during that time--one reason why I couldn't tell him about it. It was just actually a suspicion but it was confirmed a few months later.

I was scared that he would just break up with me. I mean, we were only three months into our relationship. He could've chosen to run away from me, and not be responsible or worry over me. He might've left because of it.

When he told me to depend on him, I just didn't imagine that he'd be like that. He was just different from that usual guy that you'd have a crush on. He's a reserved and usually withdrawn one, he goes with whatever he thinks best.. I was surprised to hear him say that.