kita x reader

❀❀ ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑎ℎ𝑎𝑘𝑖 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑎𝑢 ;

    If I had known earlier, I wouldn't be watching you from a distance. If I had known how it felt, then you wouldn't have had to suffer, but I was late. Later than I should've been.

    You came back to school as if nothing happened, as if your life was never on the line. It felt that way, but, it didn't to us who knows the truth.

    Rumors about you have gone around the school, mostly everyone knows about what's real. But, only a good number of people believes that it's not just a fairytale.

    I know how she felt when she was avoiding me. That's the only thing I can feel right now, and it's the only way I can keep these petals inside of me.

    But, I don't want to die from suffocation. I don't want to die because of one-sided love, it's tragic and a pathetic way of dying. I don't want to get surgery either, I don't want to let go of the feelings.

    "Kita-san?" Go away. "Uhm, Kita-san... coach is calling for you." I just nod and walk past her, accidentally bumping into her shoulder.

    "I'm sorry—" I cough out petals, they're crimson red.

    "I'll take care of it, you can go ahead." She smiled warmly at me, holding her hand out to help me steady myself. Once I could stand, I immediately pull away.

    I run off to the bathroom first, coughing up flowers and petals to the sink. It's actually more painful than I thought. How did she hide this from us for a month?

    I wash my hands and wipe my mouth, looking up to see myself in the mirror. (Y/n).... why am I smiling? I splash water to the mirror and head out. I'm gonna try.. if it's the only thing that I can do.

    I've never feared failure because I never failed, but now, I'm scared of failing. Succeeding is my only way out.

    Coach called me in to talk about whether I should stay or not. He told me to focus on college instead of staying in the club. I'm not going to college or think about it unless I've succeeded. 

    He told me to stay away from the club and study instead, but I don't want to. That's where she is. She's the key to taking this pain away. I hate the feeling of having the petals scratch my throat.

    (Y/n), the second-year manager, the only manager. The one who said she liked me, but I never knew what it was until it was taken away from me. What do I like about her?

    She's clumsy, sometimes a simpleton like Atsumu, she's sometimes awkward but... even though she is, I realized that I somehow always keep an eye on her. I would always wonder where she is.

    She's cute and energetic, outgoing, fun to have around me, and she does her work perfectly. That's why when... when she started writing less about me, I knew something was wrong. Not just with her, but between us. I disregarded it though, and now this.

    "Kita-san, your receives are... quite unusually off." I nod at (Y/n)'s comment and walk away. "Wait—" She grabbed my hand and now, petals are going up to my mouth. "I'm sorry, I acted on impulse." Impulse..?

    I hold her hand tight and bring her to the locker room. Impulse.. there'll only be one reason for her to act on impulse, one reason.... it can only be that. It has to be it. It should be it.

    "U-Uhm, K-Kita-san?" I close the door behind me and let her go. I look at her, my heart filling up with regret when I saw how scared she is. I acted on.. impulse too. "Are you okay??"