terushima x reader

alternative ending

alternative ending. | enjoy :)

————

    After my daughter had caught me at the cemetery, I just had to take her out and treat her for the first time in the 16 years of her life.

    I drove us to the mall, I let her shop whatever she wanted. She has a credit card that I gave her as a gift for her 14th birthday but I just wanted to make her feel like I'm paying for them— it's me either way.

    The way how she looked around the whole place, she reminded me of (Y/n). I can't believe how my daughter could remind me of a deceased lover of mine, they're not even blood related.

    "Dad can I wear these types of clothing?" I turn to my daughter who was showing me a crop top, I just smiled and pat her on the head. She giggled, roaming around the store.

    I wasn't fully paying attention to her nor the stores she dragged me into. I look at a sign, FOREVER21. The crop tops, the pants, the accessories— all of them reminded me of (Y/n).

    Taira just roamed around, she seriously looks like her from behind. She's not even the mother. But everything, how she'd act when I allow her, when I buy them for her.. (Y/n) how are you so much like my daughter?

    "Dad, look! This would totally look good on you." She smiled, putting up a sweater in front of me, I looked at my reflection. She suddenly put her hand down.

    "Is there something wrong?" Taira seemed like she was hesitant to act around me like this, after all, I never spent time with her up until now. "Taira, go ahead and be comfortable around me. I'm your father, I'm happy I get to bond with you."

    "I've been looking at clothes that might look good on you... Try them out!" She showed me a wide bright smile, pulling me to the dressing room to try out the clothes she picked out for me. "Show me how handsome you can be Dad." She giggled, closing the door and now I'm here trying the clothes on.

    I tried the coat on, looks nice, something (Y/n) would totally pick out for me— Taira's my daughter. I tried layering them just how I would back then.

    I smile, looking at my reflection. It's like there's a split image of the me from 16 years ago, wearing the same outfit as the day I went out with (Y/n) to the mall, the day when I told her to just die and rot in hell.

    "Dad! Wake up!" I turn around, raising my brow, why would Taira tell me to wake up? "Wake up! You're going to be late!"

    I blinked my eyes, still hearing Taira's voice telling me to wake up because I'm late. For what? I don't have work today, well I do but I said I'd take the day off.