3

I was back at my childhood home in my room. It was late so I was about to go to sleep. I was already In pajamas so I just went straight to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

When I opened the door I saw a tall black figure with big bright red eyes.

I screamed out in horror and shrieked backwards causing me to almost fall but two arms caught me and held me.

"What!? What happened?! Are you okay?!" Tom asked as Katrina ran over.

"I saw it..." I said and pointed into the bathroom and to where I saw it.

This wasn't the first time I've seen it.

"There's nothing there Scarlet..."  Katrina said softly. "I-I promise... I s-saw it" I said quietly and shakily as tears fell down my face.

"We know sis... which is why we think you should tell mom..." said Tom. I slowly nodded feeling terrified.

My mother hates me and thinks I'm crazy, no doubt. So I was bound to be a little afraid to tell her I've been seeing shadow people.

I slowly made my way downstairs and into the living room. My father was at work so I thankfully had to deal with just my mother today. But either way, I know my siblings will be there for me for the aftermath.

I walked into the living room and she rolled her eyes. "Were you the one that screamed?" She asked clearly annoyed.

I slowly nodded and looked down. "And WHY did you do that!?" She asked harshly causing me to flinch.

"That's what I came down here for..." I said and awkwardly made my way over to the couch. I sat down and took a deep breath.

"I see and hear things and people that aren't really there...that's why I screamed. Because I saw something." I said cautiously as she looked at me and scoffed.

"I knew you were crazy! Just like your father, your brother, and your sister! You should be ashamed of yourself you monster! Now get out of my face and go to your room!" She screamed then walked up to me and slapped me hard across the face.

"Right... I'm sorry." I said quietly and made my way back upstairs and into my room with tears in my eyes. My siblings tried to get me to talk but I wasn't in the mood.

I pushed pasted them and went into my room, closing it once I got in. I flopped on my bed and cried myself to sleep.

When I woke up I was being dragged out of the house by 2 men as my family watched. My mother had and evil smirk, my dad had a look on his face that I couldn't pinpoint, and my siblings were screaming and crying at my mother and father to stop the men from taking me.

I was also screaming and crying. I tried my hardest to fight these people off me but their grip just got tighter as I got more tired.

They brought me to an insane asylum and practically threw me in a cell as I just cried.

I jolted forward and gasped. I started to cry as I remembered my dream and everything that happened. Memories rushed through my head of when I was there.

I tried to calm myself down but it wasn't working so I got up and went into Katrina's room. She was on her phone but as soon as she saw me she threw her phone on her bed and ran over to me.

"Are you okay!?" She asked with concern. I shook my head no and she hugged me and rubbed my back.

I cried on her shoulder as she tried to comfort me and tried to get me to talk but I just couldn't.

We stayed like this for about five minutes before my legs gave out and I collapsed onto her. She gasped and tried to catch me but I fell to my knees. I cried even more but this time in pain. Both physically and mentally.

"C-can't w-walk" I cried out and she nodded. "TOM GET IN HERE NOW!" She yelled. Not even a minute later he came running into the room.

"Oh no... what's wrong?" He asked sadly. "Just help her onto the bed." She said and I felt him pick me up as I buried my head into his shoulder, still crying.

He carefully put me on the bed and put the blankets over me as Katrina crawled into the bed next to me and pulled me in for a hug as Tom sat down and rubbed my back.

It took me a while to calm down but eventually I had no more tears. "What happened?" Katrina asked cautiously as I sniffled. "I had the nightmare again." I said as tears filled all of our eyes.

That was a traumatic experience for us all.

"Oh Scar...." Tom said and pulled me into him so he could hug me. We stayed like that for a minute before Katrina spoke up.

"What will make you feel better?" She asked softly. I thought for a second before I knew the perfect thing.  "A siblings Fun and Totally Cool Only Sleepover?" I asked with a smile as I remembered when we used to do those as kids.

They smiled and nodded as we ran into my room laughing. We jumped on the bed and I turned on some Netflix.

Gus and Caleb eventually joined in on the fun. The whole night we just had a good time and we were constantly laughing.

I'm honestly so grateful for these people.