73

When everyone arrived, Caleb ran to me and hugged me as we both cried.

Other than the occasional sniffles, no one said anything. It felt like forever until his name was finally called. "Gus Stuart?" The nurse said. Finally. I shot up along with Caleb, the others following shortly after.

Me and Caleb rushed over to the nurse, as nervous as ever. "Is he okay?!" Caleb asked and grabbed my hand for comfort. "He's a miracle. He's out right now but she should wake up soon. He'll be very sore but nothing too bad happened. Not even a concussion. Again, miracle." She said and me and Caleb sighed with relief. "Can we see him?" Kat asked and she nodded.

"Yup, go into that hall, take a left, take the elevator to the 3rd floor, and it's room 147." She said and I almost choked.

"Excuse me? What room?" I asked with wide eyes. Caleb squeezed my hand a little bit more. "Room 147..?" She repeated with a weird look.

"Oh um... okay thank you." I said then pulled Caleb the way she told us to go. Once we got safely to the elevator, and the door was closed, I looked at everyone with wide eyes.

"The hell?" Tom breathed out. "What the hell." Kat said. Colby just kind of stood off to the side on his phone. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. When the doors opened, I pushed past him and lead the way to his room. I stopped in front of it, looking at the haunting number, then let out a deep breath and walked in.

I gasped as I saw Gus hooked to all the machines and wires. I went up to him, grabbed a chair, and sat next to him and instantly grabbed his hand. Caleb sat on the other side, doing the same as everyone else got a seat.

Hours. Hours went by, back and fourth arguing between me and Colby. It fell silent for a minute before Sam spoke up.

"So..." Sam said awkwardly. "Not right now." Colby said, harshly, glaring at Sam. I rolled my eyes.

"If he wants to talk, let him talk." I spit back. He can be mad at me all he wants, but Sam did nothing but try to help this entire time. He just rolled his eyes.

I scoffed and then sniffled. Why in the actual hell is he being such a dick?! I tired over and over to talk to him, to tell him it wasn't my fault, but he shut me down each time, which leads to a fight.

I gasped as I felt Gus slightly squeeze my hand. "What?" Colby asked, a little worried but more so harshly. I rolled my eyes and ignored him, squeezing Gus's hand back.

"Gus, can you hear me? Oh god please tell me you can. Give me some sort of sign. I need you." I whispered out the last part, my voice breaking.

I felt him squeeze my hand again and tears brimmed my eyes. "Oh my god." I cried out. Sam walked over to me and hugged me, I turned towards him, not letting go of Gus's hand, and hugged him tightly back.

"S-Scar?" He called out, his voice scratchy and quiet. Everyone in the room gasped as he slowly opened his eyes, but closed them instantly due to what I assumed to be the light.

"Oh my gosh! Someone get the nurse! And turn the lights off!" Caleb called out and Kat flipped the lights off. "Okay, it's off, open your eyes please." I said and he cracked his eyes open.

I gasped as tears slipped out of my eyes and traveled down my face as I brought my free hand to my mouth. "You're here." I whispered and he grinned.

"Always and forever dummy. You can't get rid of me that easily." He said and I smiled. "Always and forever." I said back and then heard Colby scoff quietly, but I still heard it.

"What? What is the problem now? Did I do something?" I asked harshly, turning to him. I'm completely and utterly done with his bull shit.

Gus literally just woke up after almost dying, and he's being a dick. He rolled his eyes for the 100th time today.

"Okay, I just woke up but I've heard some of your arguments so here's what's gonna happen, you're gonna walk your asses downstairs and fix whatever the hell this is, because this," he said and gestured between me and Colby. "This is not okay. You guys are soulmates. I don't know what the hell happened but fix it because I don't like it, everyone here doesn't like it, and I'm sure the nurses don't either. Bye bye." He said and shooed is.

He isn't wrong, the nurses make as few of visits as possible and when they absolutely have to come in, they make it as quick as possible.

"But I don't want to leave you. I don't want to miss something." I said and looked at him. "He's got a point, Scar, nothing will happen. I promise and even if something does, we'll let you know but you guys really need to fix this." Sam said and I looked at Colby. I sighed then started walking out of the room.

I stopped and turned to him, with my eyebrows raised. "You coming?" I asked. He sighed then nodded and followed me.

This is going to be so awkward.