10

I looked at my phone for the directions as we all got in the car. Once I had the address I put it into GPS and started our drive.

It was about 20 minutes away with traffic so we got there only five minutes late. There wasn't that many cars so I just assumed that they just hadn't gotten here yet.

I parked the car then we all got out and went up to the door. Caleb knocked a few times and then took a step back, waiting for someone to open the door.

I was surprised to see a short girl with a small frame, long brown hair, greenish eyes, and a bright smile. She was really pretty. Her make up was done to perfection and her hair was straight. She was wearing an orange, tubetop with black ripped jeans, and some sort of sneakers.

"Hi! You guys must be Sam And Colby's new friends!" She said happily. I nodded. "That's us!" I said then smiled.

"I'm Devyn." She said as she stepped back to let us in. "I'm Scarlet but you can call me Scar, this is my little sister Katrina but you can call her Kat, my older brother Tom, and my two best friends Gus and Caleb." I said and pointed towards everyone as they waved and said hi.

Since we were kids, I was the leader, Tom was the protector, Caleb was the good guy that always made sure we were doing the right thing and kept us in check, Katrina was the worried mom, and Gus was the comedic relief.
We were all each other's comfort and protection.

I trust them with my life.

And I know they feel the same way because we all had a talk about it once.

"It's nice to meet you all! I'll show you to where Sam And Colby and the rest of the group are." She said and led us to what I assumed was the backyard.

As we made our way around, I made sure to look all around, taking in everything around me. It was no doubt a beautiful house.

When we got outside I quietly gasped at how absolutely breathtaking it was. I saw two guys plus Sam And Colby, and then a short but extremely pretty girl.

"Oh! Hi guys!" Sam called causing all of their heads to snap up to us. They all smiled and waved.

Most of them were in the pool which is awkward because we didn't bring any swimsuits. We all smiled and walked over.

"Guys, this is Scarlet, Katrina, Gus, Caleb, and Tom." Colby said as we got comfortable on the pool chairs.

"Guys, this is Jake, Jake's girlfriend Tara, and Corey." "Hey!" I said and waved at them all.
They all returned it and smiled.

Sam And Colby we're getting out of the water and we're walking over to us as I felt something not so nice watching me. I quickly turned my head and saw a tall, black shadow with a top hat on lurking around Corey.

I quietly gasped and kept my eyes on it. I didn't want to look away just in case it went after Corey.

"Scar?" Someone said but I didn't answer. I kept my eyes on it. "Scarlet." The same person said more sternly. I couldn't move though. I just kept staring. Not blinking once.

I felt like I couldn't move my gaze or something would happen. "Scarlet!" Tom said and grab my face turning towards him. "What?" I asked.

He removed his hands and looked at me with concern. "You're doing it again..." He warned as I nodded. "I know... I'm sorry."

I said and looked back at the spot. Nothing. I quickly looked around to make sure that it was totally gone and it was. I sighed in relief. "You okay scar?" Colby asked also concerned. "Yeah... I'm good." I said and smiled. He smiled back and turned to talk to Gus and Jake.

Wait... When did he get here? I thought –

My thoughts were interrupted by seeing the same shadow out of the corner of my eye. I watched it as it made its way over to Corey.

He was sitting by the pool laughing with Caleb, Kat, Devyn, and Tara. I stared intently at it as the thing moved even closer to him.

"Scar. You're doing an ag-" Gus said but I stopped him. "Shh." I said then slowly stood up.

The thing went really close to him and before I knew it, the thing was trying to push him in. I gasped and slap my hand on my mouth but quickly took it off. "Oh my God! COREY! WATCH OUT!" I yelled, but it was too late,

he was already being pushed in.