72 (Gus's POV)

I did it! I can hear her! Is it her? I don't know but whoever it is, they sound far away.

"Did one of them do that to you?" A lady that I don't recognize asked, her voice raising a little bit. I swear to god if someone put their hands on h- "NO. No! You wouldn't believe me. It's complicated." She said and sighed. Huh? What's happening? "I'll get it cleaned up for you." The lady said. What cleaned? Is she hurt?

"Worry about Gus." Scar said. "Uh no! The hell!? Scarlet you're hurt! Let her help you!" I tried to say but couldn't. I just thought it. The lady chuckled. "They have it covered." She said. I heard someone move and start moving things around.

"What is he? Boyfriend?" The lady  asked and Scar and I both chuckled. "One of my bestest friends." She corrected.

"Sorry for assuming, it's just I don't get a lot of over protective girl best friends for guys" the lady said and chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm really protective of the people I love. Especially this idiot." Excuse me? "I've know him since we were babies and we've been best friends ever since. Not once have we questioned our friendship or had a big fight." Damn right. I felt someone, probably Scar, move some of my hair out of my face.

"I love him, obviously in like a best friend or hell, even a brotherly way, and I don't want to lose him. I can't." She said as her voice cracked. She started sobbing and it broke my heart. I would give anything to just wake up and hug her.

My head started hurting really bad causing me to pull back from hearing a little. I felt Scarlet squeeze my hand tighter than before.

My head hurt a lot more now so I was about to completely stop trying, until I heard scarlet, but she wasn't crying.

"Not only was I upset about Gus, but I also can't help but be upset with what happened with Colby. He really hurt me. It wasn't my fault, was it?" She said. Am I in her head?

Colby hurt her. Bitch. Now I have to comfort her.

I pushed into what I assumed was life, the best I could, and squeezed my hand as hard as I could. I squeezed until I felt pain radiate threw out my entire body. I squeezed as hard as my weak body would let me, then tried to form a word.

She needed to hear it.

And to my surprise, it worked.

"Soulmates." I said. I heard a bunch of people gasp before I completely stopped. I didn't want to, but my body forced me too.

Back into the darkness. "Good job, boy." I heard Pop-Pop say from a far, before I couldn't see or hear anything at all. Back into the complete darkness I go.

The next time I saw something, it was a hospital room. Over the course of time, I had kept going back and fourth, hearing Scarlet, Caleb, Tom, Kat, Sam, and Colby talking, but it was always far and only for a few seconds before I was back out.

Until I finally could hear them clearly. "So..." Sam said awkwardly. What the hell is going on.

"Not right now." Colby said, harshly. Okay what the actual hell? First he hurt Scar and now he's being harsh to Sam?

"If he wants to talk, let him talk." Scarlet spit back. I could tell she was right next to me. Pop off bestie.

I heard Scarlet scoff and then sniffle. Oh heeeeell nah. My best friend is crying over a guy. Nope I need to wake the hell up right now.

He is not going to treat my best friend badly.

I tried with everything in me to move the hand that I knew she was holding, until I felt my muscles finally work with me.

I heard her gasp and I let out a sigh of relief. "What?" Colby asked. It didn't sound too nice either.

She ignored him, as she should, and instead, squeezed my hand back.

"Gus, can you hear me? Oh god please tell me you can. Give me some sort of sign. I need you." She whispered out the last part, her voice breaking. I'm trying Scar, I'm trying.

I got my hand to work with me again, and squeezed hers. "Oh my god." She cried out. I heard someone walk near us, and her cries became muffled, yet her hand never left mine.

"S-Scar?" I called out the best I could, my voice was scratchy and it kinda hurt to talk. It came out in a whisper. Everyone in the room gasped as I slowly opened my eyes, but closed them instantly due to the light that blinded me.

"Oh my gosh! Someone get the nurse! And turn the lights off!" Caleb called out. I heard a switch flip, and then Scarlet. "Okay, it's off, open your eyes please." She said and I cracked my eyes open.

She gasped and tears fell down her face as she brought her free hand to her mouth. "You're here." She whispered and I grinned.

"Always and forever dummy. You can't get rid of me that easily." I said and she smiled.

I'm happy she's smiling.