35

I walked over to him and sat down. "What's wrong?" I asked softly as I put my hand on his shoulder. He scoffed.

"Nothing. Just needed some air." He said. His eyes stayed in front of him. "I mean this in the nicest way when I say that, that was the worst lie I've ever heard in my life. Now, be honest with me, what's wrong Colby?" I said.

"You really want to know?" He asked and looked at me. He looked hurt. I nodded. "Yes, you can tell me anything, Colby." I said and he sighed.

"I'm jealous." He mumbled. "Wha-" "I'm not finished." He sighed. "This might sound stupid but, I'm jealous of Gus. I know, it sounds stupid, but I really really like you, and then I walk in seeing you guys laughing together, him hugging you, and kissing your head... I get that he's your best friend but I want to be in his place. I want to be able to hold you and kiss your head and laugh with you. I get that he's your best friend and that you guys probably do that all the time and it probably doesn't mean anything but... I don't know." He sighed.

"I want that. Except... more than best friends..." he concluded. I just sat there in shock. He turned to look at me and regret flooded his face.

He shook his head. "I'm sorry, I knew I should have said th-" I cut him off by softly turning his head towards me and kissing him. He was shocked at first but kissed back.

I slowly pulled away and put our foreheads together. "Don't be sorry. I was just surprised." I pulled away and looked at him.

"I've known Gus for a very very long time, Caleb too, but not as long as I've known Gus. Me and Gus met when we were little and instantly became best friends. When we were in high school, we dated for like... a minute. Like actually. Okay maybe not a minute... more like a day, but still. We never told anyone because of the fact that it lasted for 2 seconds, and it meant nothing to us other than a lesson. And that lesson was that we were soulmates, but not lover soulmates. No, best friend soulmates. We were meant to be best friends and best friends only. And that's what we will ever be. Me and Gus's friendship may be confusing to the world because one second we are play fighting and the next we're hugging, but that's just how we are."

"We've become so close over these past years that we know how to joke with each other, how to help and comfort each other, and stuff like that. I love him, but I'm not in love with him. Im in love with you... and I know it's early but it's true. I've been in other relationships before and none of them feel like this, even though we aren't even dating. I don't even know how to explain it." I said.

"It may be too early, but I love you too." He said. Huge smiles spread across our faces and he pulled me into him, kissing me lovingly.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, me looking into his. "Scarlet?" He asked softly. I hummed in response.

"Will you be mine?" He whispered. My smile only got bigger as I nodded. "I would love too." I said. His smile got bigger as well and he picked me up and spun me around.

We laughed together and he placed me back on my feet. "Now, let's go inside and let me finish cooking so that the hungry hippos aren't gonna be grumpy." I said and we laughed before walking back into the house hand in hand.

Just as I closed the door, the food timer went off. "Gotta go!" I said and hurried into the kitchen to take out the food and put it on the table.

"Dinner!" I announced. Everyone ran into the room and sat down, instantly digging in. "This is amazing! What in the Harry Potter magical chef are you?!" Jake said as I laughed. "I shall not tell secrets, you muggle." I said in a British accent, causing everyone to laugh.

We enjoyed the rest of our dinner taking and laughing. After we ate, I told everyone to meet me in the back yard so I could do the dishes, since we were having a bonfire.

I grabbed the dishes and stared washing them. I felt 2 arms wrap around my waist. I jumped and gasped, quickly turning around. "Jesus Colby, you scared me." I said as I held my hand to my chest and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Sorry." He chuckled. I turned around and continued washing the dishes as he put his head on my shoulder, holding me.

"Do you think we should announce it to the fans yet?" He asked suddenly. "Don't you think it's a little early." I said with a chuckle. "Sorry, I'm just so happy and excited." He said. I 'aww'Ed and pouted, quickly turning to kiss his cheek before resuming me washing the dishes.

"I was just kidding. But, we can if you want to." I said and he nodded. "Whenever you're ready." He said, I nodded. I was on the last dish when I heard the back door open and someone walk towards the kitchen.

"Hey Scar, I'm gonna go run to the sto- *very loud gasp* WHAT DID I MISS!?!?!" Katrina said loudly and excitedly as she ran over to us.

Me and Colby giggled as he pulled away. She stood there in disbelief as I finished the last dish. She pointed back and fourth between us quickly. "You..." she said and pointed to me. "And you" she said and pointed to Colby.

"Are you really that surprised? You literally saw us kiss last night." I said and chuckled. "BUT YOU WEREN'T TOGETHER!" She said. I laughed and shook my head. "Wait so where are you going?" I asked.

"Don't change the topic on me, Scarlet Elizabeth Stuart." She said as Colby 'oooo'ed. I shot him a playful glare before turning to Katrina. "I'm running to the store to get some stuff for s'mores, but later, we are taking." She said sternly.

My eyes widened and I laughed nervously. "I feel like I'm in trouble." I said and giggled. "Why are you scared with me? You should be scared with our other 3rd." She said and smiled sweetly at me.

Me and Colby turned to each other and went wide eyed.

I forgot about that.