13

(THERE WILL BE A TW WARNING. This ⚠️ will be at the start and end of it.)

Until I got a phone call...

During the movies, we all fell asleep on the recliners in the movie room.

I was peacefully sleeping when it turned into a nightmare. Although it wasn't my usual nightmare. It was about a break-in at my house, my current house. And that person was someone that I knew but I couldn't pinpoint who it was. It then shifted to the person screaming Kat, Tom, and I's names.

Then it was me getting a phone call about someone getting arrested but before I could find out who was getting arrested, it shifted to the shadow man repeating things like ⚠️"you're crazy!" "You should still be in that crazy person hospital!" "Your parents are right to put you there!" "Your siblings should be ashamed of you!" "Colby doesn't like you, you freak! None of them do!" "You should kill yourself!" ⚠️

But then there was a different voice.

"Scarlet!" Gus screamed as I jolted forward. I noticed we were in a bedroom but I don't know who's.

I looked over at Gus with tears in my eyes. "Scar..." He said and sat in the bed with me and pulled me into him and hugged me. I cried on his shoulder as he held me and rubbed my back.

"It's okay. I'm here. It was just a dream. A bad one but you're okay." He said softly.

Gus was usually the one that helped me with my nightmares, and I'm really thankful for that. I'm really thankful for him.

After a few minutes, I finally cooled down. Gus pulled away and looked straight into my eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah I'm okay now. Thanks." I said as he smiled. "No problem, that's what best friends are for." He said as I smiled.

"Where are we?" I asked. "We're in Colby's room." He said. "Oh? How did we get here?" I asked. "Well, when everyone was a sleep, I woke up and I went to go get a drink. Colby came in telling me that he thought you were having a bad dream so I ran in, and saw you were. He told me I could go into his room so that you wouldn't wake anyone up, then he went back downstairs to give us some space as I tried to wake you up." He said.

I nodded and hugged him. "Thank you. For everything." I said. "You're welcome. Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked as I nodded.

I told him all about my dream and he listen to me talk, not interrupting at all.

"None of those words are true Scar..." Gus said and I nodded. "I know. It just hurts. Those words hurt." I said. "I know but-"

There was a light knocking at the door. "Come in." I said as the door opened slowly and Colby  walked in. "Hey, your phones ringing." He said and passed me my phone quickly.

It was the South Carolina jail which was really weird. I quickly answered and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked. "Hi! Is this Miss Scarlet Stuart?" The person asked. "Yeah this is she." I said with confusion.

Colby mouthed 'do you want me to leave?' I shrugged, so he sat down at the foot of the bed.

"This is a South Carolina jail calling to inform you that we caught your mom, Miss Ashley Stuart. She is in jail." The person said as my jaw dropped.

"We also want you to know that we couldn't find your father anywhere. We asked your mother about it and she said that he ran away to "fix things". We wanted to let you know so you can keep an eye out and be careful. Would you like to speak to your mother?"

She asked but I didn't answer, I was in shock. "Miss Stuart?" The lady asked. "Oh um... sorry. What is she in for?" I asked, still in shock. "Theft, child abuse, for illegal activities, and for assault against an officer." "Oh... What was The illegal action?" I asked as Gus and Colby looked at me confused.

"Your mother illegally paid people to lock them up in a mental hospital." She said as a tear fell down my face. "Did the guards get arrested?" I asked quietly as she sighed. "No. We don't know who they are yet." "It's been over 10 years!" I protested as she sighed.

"I know. I'm sorry. We're trying. Would you like to speak to your mother?" She asked but before I could answer, I was getting another call. "No. I have to go. Thank you for calling me. Have a great day." I said and hung up so I could answer the other call.

"Hello?" I answered. "Hi, is this Miss Scarlet Stuart?" Another lady asked. "Yes... That's me."
"Hi, I'm from the LA Police Department. I'm here to tell you that there has been a break in at your house. The cops are there but the man keeps yelling your name along with two others. He won't go unless he sees you, and two others named Katrina and Tom."

I gasped. "Okay thanks bye." I quickly said nervously as I hung up. "Holy shit, we have to go." I said as my hands started shaking. "Whoa, why what's going on?!" Gus asked as I shook my head and stood up.

"I'll tell you in a minute just follow me." I said and pretty much ran downstairs and into the movie room as Colby and Gus followed. "Tom, Kat, Caleb, get up we need to go." I said. "Huh? What's going on?" Tom said as they started slowly waking up. "Please get up. We don't have a lot of time." I said as Gus and I quickly grabbed our stuff.

"Where are we going?" Katrina asked. "Home. Someone broke in and was asking for us and Tom. Also mom's in jail, she was arrested finally. No time to explain. The intruder isn't leaving without seeing us." I said nervously as I still shook and tried collecting stuff.

I was shaking violently and trying to collect stuff as two strong arms stopped me and turned me around. It was Colby. He opened his arms and hugged me tightly.

"No, I have to get my st-" I started but he just held me tighter. "They can get it. You're shaking. Badly." He said as I hugged him back. "Alright, we are ready to go." Caleb said as I pulled back from the hug. "Do you want me to come with you?" Colby asked as I nodded.

"Please"

(Hey guys! Please remember to vote and feel free to leave comments! I love reading them! Love you and I hope you're enjoying the story!🖤)