32

Devyn quickly grabbed the bat as tara stood with her for back up. Meanwhile Kat held on to me tighter as I squeezed my eyes closed even more.

"Whoa whoa whoa! It's just me! Out the bat down please, Dev. Where is she?!" I heard Colby say as fast foot steps got closer to the door.

Katrina let me go and nodded. I pulled away and whipped my tears. "C-Colby?" I said as Kat backed away from me a little bit.

"Oh thank god." He whispered as he quickly came over to me and pulled me in for a tight hug. I felt safe.

We stayed like that for a little before I felt someone pull me away from him, from behind. I jumped and tried to get out of their grasp. "No! Leave me alone!" I said as I struggled.

"Scarlet. Scarlet! It's me! It's me! Tom." I instantly stopped and turned around, only to be met with my older brother who had tears rolling down his face.

I threw my arms around him, hugging him tightly, and sobbed onto his chest as he held me tightly as well and crying with me.

I was in so much pain and I was so weak but I didn't care. I missed everyone too much. So much that seeing them gave me energy.

After a few we pulled away and he held my shoulders, looking at me and seeing what they did.

"I-I'm so sorry this happened to you... again." He whispered. "I'm okay now, thanks to all of you." I said and slightly smiled, looking at everyone.

"N-no, I'm your big brother, I should have been there. Someone should have stayed especially with your visions." He said as more tears fell from his eyes.

I looked at Kat, telling her that we need some privacy. She nodded and quietly made everyone leave.

"Tom, this isn't your fault. Yes, you may be my big brother but I'm not a kid. You don't always need to protect me. In no way shape or from is this your fault, just like it wasn't the first time." I said.

When this first happened, Tom wouldn't stop saying sorry and blaming himself. He says that he should have jumped the guys or called 9-1-1 or something but I reassured him that he was only 10 and that it wasn't his fault.

"But-" I cut him off. "But nothing. It's not any of our faults. I promise. I don't blame you and you shouldn't either." I reassured and slightly smiled.

"I guess you're right..." he mumbled. "I'm always right!" I said confidently yet funny, trying to boost his spirit.

Although, I'm not as happy and joyful as I seem. On the inside, I'm traumatized and scared and sore and wishing I could go home and sleep.

But I had to stay strong for Tom. For everyone.

"That is the biggest lie you have ever told." He said and grinned. I gasped and put my hand over my heart, acting like I was offended. "Is not!" We both laughed and then quickly hugged.

"Alright, now come on. I haven't been around to anyone else, I'm surprised Gus left without a hug." I said and we both chuckled.

We walked out and instantly Gus ran up to me, squishing me in a hug. "Gus c-cant breathe and it h-hurts." I said. He instantly loosened his arms but still kept me in a hug.

"I was so worried." He said and I heard him softly sniffle. My head whipped up to him and my eyes widened. "Y-you're crying.... Guys... Gus is broken!" I said as he lightly smacked my arm.

"Shut up, asshole." He said as I laughed and hugged him for another minute. "Jesus Gus, I would like a hug from my best friend too." Caleb said, jokingly annoyed.

Gus pulled away and Caleb gave me one of his famous comforting hugs. After a good like... almost 10 minutes, everyone else got their long hugs.

We finally all decided it was time to go, so we all went outside to see that Mike, my old friend that helped me before, was outside.

"Mike!" I said and hugged him. "Hey, you okay?" He asked as I pulled away. "Eh, I've been better." I said and shrugged. "You're strong, you know that?" He said as I scrunched my eye brows, confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "You just got kidnapped for the second time, and are acting normal." He said. "Don't let me fool you, I'm keeping up the act for these guys." I said quietly and motioned to everyone who was talking amongst themselves.

"Honestly? I'm terrified and traumatized." I said. "You're still strong." He said. "How? I asked. "The fact that you can hide that and put on an act for their sake, you have a big heart. You know that?" He asked.

"I try." I said and sighed. "Well, if you ever need someone to talk to, or if you need help or anything, you know who to call." He said and I nodded.

"Thanks Mike, it means a lot." I said and lightly smiled. I couldn't get myself to fully smile. "No problem kid, but I'm gonna get going." He said and I nodded.

After we said goodbye, we headed home. I instantly went up to my room and fell asleep.

That night, I had the same dream about that darker entity.

I guess our ghost and shadow man problem aren't over.