70

"Colby, snap out of it. It is not her fault and you know that." Sam said angrily at him. Wow. I've never seen this side of Sam.

Colby glared at Sam and then glared back at me, still very angry. I scoffed and walked off, towards Gus.

Colby and his anger can wait. My best friend needs me.

I jogged over there and I saw Tom glaring at Colby. Oh god.

"Are you okay?" Kat asked and I shook my head. "We'll worry about that later, Gus is our top priority." I said and nudged Tom. He looked from Colby to me and I shook my head and mouthed 'not now'. He looked back to Colby one more time before rolling his eyes and looking back to Gus.

They were putting him on the stretcher and into the ambulance. "Is anyone coming with us?" One of the paramedics asked. "Scarlet you go." Caleb said and gestured to the ambulance. "You sure?" I asked and he nodded. I smiled at him and got in. "We'll follow you!" Caleb shouted and I nodded.

Why is my world falling apart?

We rushed to the hospital, the whole time my hand not leaving Gus's and neither my eyes.

One of the many paramedics looked to me and sighed. "Oh honey, you have some scratches that are bleeding. What the hell did you do to yourself?" The lady asked with wide eyes.

I furrowed my brows and looked to where she was pointing to see a scratch that perfectly made out '147' and was bleeding.

My jaw dropped and tears sprung to my eyes. "It wasn't me." I whispered and she looked at me with concern. "Did one of them do that to you?" She asked, her voice raising a little bit. I shook my head violently. "NO. No! You wouldn't believe me. It's complicated." I said and sighed. "I'll get it cleaned up for you." She said and I shook my head.

"Worry about Gus." I said and gave her a look that said that I wasn't messing around. She chuckled. "They have it covered." She said and got up anyways and started cleaning my arm.

"What is he? Boyfriend?" She asked and I chuckled, shaking my head. "One of my bestest friends." I corrected and she nodded.

"Sorry for assuming, it's just I don't get a lot of over protective girl best friends for guys." she said and chuckled. I appreciated that she was trying to get my mind off of this. I was grateful.

"Yeah, I'm really protective of the people I love. Especially this idiot. I've know him since we were babies and we've been best friends ever since. Not once have we questioned our friendship or had a big fight." I said as I reached up to move some of his hair out of his face.

"I love him, obviously in like a best friend or hell, even a brotherly way, and I don't want to lose him. I can't." I said as my voice cracked and tears streamed down my face as my body shook because of the violent sobs that were coming out of it.

The lady came and sat next to me, pulling me in for a hug as I sobbed on her shoulder, squeezing Gus's limp hand tighter.

Not only was I upset about Gus, but I also can't help but be upset with what happened with Colby. He really hurt me. It wasn't my fault, was it?

It like Gus knew what I was thinking about because I shit you not, he weakly squeezed my hand and said, "soulmates." I gasped and looked at him to see the paramedics rushing to him.

"Nope, he's still out. You all heard that too, right?" One of the guys said and we all nodded. 

I don't know if he was talking about us, Colby and I, or both, but, I know for a fact that it wasn't a coincidence.

I just knew.