50

"Alright, I think we are ready to check out." I said as I scanned the cart. "Wait, so if this is all we needed, why did you grab such a big cart?" Sam asked.

I scrunched my eyebrows and think for a second. "Huh... I don't know. I guess I'm just used to buying a lot when I go grocery shopping so I just grabbed the biggest cart... but since we are literally leaving tonight, we don't need anything else for the house because everything will go bad." I said.

"Well, I have an idea to put the rest of the cart to use." Colby says as he moves everything to one side. "What are you-" I was interrupted by Colby coming up to me, picking me up, and placing me in the cart.

I laughed. "Why did you put me in the cart?" He shrugged. "I wanted to push you around." He said and I smiled. "To the self checkout!" I said and pumped my hand in the air, the boys doing the same thing.

Colby pushed me to the checkout, Sam following behind. "Alright. You hand me stuff, I'll ring it, and then Sam you bag stuff." Colby said and we nodded.

Once all of that was done, Colby started taking out his card. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Paying?" He asked, confused. I shook my head.

"No, I am." I said. "No I am." He said. "No, I am." "No, I am." This went on for a few more minutes while Sam filmed it. "Fine you can... oh wait look at that! The guy is on stilts!" I said and pointed at a random dude.

He looked in the direction and I quickly leaned over and swiped my card. "HA! You fell for it!" I exclaimed and pointed at Colby.

He pouted and crossed his arms. "She got you good, brother." Sam said with a laugh, me joining in.

Sam started handing me the bags and I put them around myself in the cart as Colby just pouted at me. After we put all of the bags into the cart, I turned to Colby and laughed.

"Why are you pouting." Sam asked with a laugh. "I wanted to pay." Colby mumbled and I playfully rolled my eyes. I thought for a second about what I could do to make him feel better before I got the perfect idea.

"Oh! I know what'll make you happy!" I said as I moved all of the grocery bags onto my lap and then patted the empty space in front of me.

"Come sit with me. Sam will be our Uber to the car." I said with a smile. A child-like grin spread onto his face as he jumped in and sat in front of me. Taking some of the bags and putting them on himself so I don't have to be squished.

"Okay, we're ready, dad." Colby said and we laughed as Sam pushed the cart. "Jesus, you guys are so freaking heavy." Sam said as he struggled.

"Are you calling us fat?" Colby asked with a laugh. "Yes." Sam said. I put my hand over my heart as my jaw dropped.

"You just hurt my feelings, Samuel." I said, fakely offended. "And you calling me 'Samuel' hurt my feelings." Sam said and we laughed.

A few seconds later, we were at the car. Colby jumped out and I was gonna too but Colby stopped me.

"Just pass us bags. I'll help you out after." Colby said, causing me to shrug and pass them the grocery's.

After they all were in the car, I carefully stood up, grabbing all of my things, and then Colby helped me get down. Once I was on the ground, I told them to wait in the car and then I brought the cart to its holder.

I came back, got in the car, and drove us home.

When we got back, Katrina texted us saying that they were about 15 minutes away and I got started on making the food as the boys played on the Xbox.

Just as I finished, the front doors opened and Gus's loud and obnoxious voice filled the air. "HONEYS WE ARE HOMEEEEE!" He yelled as the boys laughed then paused their game.

"FOOD! I SMELL FOOD!" Tom yelled as he ran and slid into the kitchen. "Is that-" he started. "Teriyaki pasta and hotdogs? Yes, yes it is. And, it's ready!" I said the last part loudly, getting everyone's attention.

Everyone quickly came into the kitchen and we all ate together.

After we ate, we just all hung out and talked before it was finally time to leave.

Time to meet our family.