97

I dropped the cap to my water bottle and bolted upstairs and into Gus's room. I opened the door and he was sobbing into his hands. I quickly shut the door before rushing over to him and pulling him into me.

"Shhh shhh it's okay. I'm here." I said calmly as he buried his face into my chest and I played with his hair in attempt to calm him down.

"I'm sorry." He sobbed. "I'm so so s-sorry." He sobbed again. "What do you mean bubs? What's wrong?" I asked and lifted his face so he could look at me. "I'm an a-awful b-best friend." He sobbed harder and buried his head back into my chest.

"What do you mean? You are the best, best friend that anyone could ever ask for." I said. "No I'm not!" He yelled and cried.

"Why do you say that?" I asked softly. "You're gonna h-hate me." He said and pulled away and wiped his tears away.

"I couldn't. What happened? It's okay. You can tell me anything. You know that." I said and he hung his head low.

"Okay." He said. It was so quiet that I almost couldn't hear it but I did. "When we were at the club, I was really drunk. Well, as per usual, there were girls all over me. One of the girls dragged me out of the dance floor and we made out. I was so drunk that I didn't know who it was. I promise. But... I got a text and... just read it." He said and sniffled and then passed me his phone.

Unknown: I had lots of fun with you at the club. I miss you so much🥺 I wish we could have gone further like we wanted but of course Scarlet had to ruin it🙄 but don't worry lover, I'll be back for you one day. I know you enjoyed it and you want more🤭😘

And right under it was a clear photo. A photo of Deena and Gus making out. At the club.

I felt my heart rip slightly in my chest.

I put his phone down and stood up, tears in my eyes as I stared at Gus. "Scar..." he said as tears feel out of his eyes and his voice cracked.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him up and into a hug. He cried on my shoulder as a few tears slipped out of my eyes as well.

"I'm so sorry!" He sobbed into my neck as his arms tightened around me.

I pulled away and looked at him, shaking my head. "It's not your fault, I'm not mad at you." I whispered and then wiped my tears. "Then why are you crying?" He asked and sat back down, looking at me with sad, teary eyes.

"It just hurts to know the ones I used to think were my sisters, my best friends, left me over lies and now would go as far as to use you and did whatever they did for revenge for something I never did. I don't know why they hate me so much and I don't know what I did wrong." I said as my voice cracked and tears fell out my eyes.

Gus quickly stood up and pulled me into him and hugged me tightly as I sobbed into his chest.

"It's okay. I'm here. I always have been and I always will be." He said and rubbed my back.

You see, when this all happened, the whole thing with Riley and Deena, Gus was always there for me. He never left my side once.

"Always and forever." He whispered and I nodded. We stayed like that for a few minutes as I calmed down. We heard a knock at the door and we pulled away, him sitting on the bed.

"Come in." He said quietly. Colby stuck his head in and when he saw me, he instantly hugged me. I took a deep breath in, trying my best not to cry. After a few minutes, he pulled away and I sat down next to Gus. Colby sat in front of us and looked between us.

"What happened?" He asked. Me and Gus explained everything and he gave us a group hug.

It just all hurts.

I'm obviously not mad or upset with Gus. But Riley and Deena hurt me.

Badly.

And it's somehow still affecting me, years after it happened.