41

I gasped and jumped, quickly turning behind me, only to see Tom and everyone else standing there. "Jesus, Tom! You scared the crap out of me!" I said and slapped his arm.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." He said as I put my hand over my heart and turned back to continue cooking.

"It's fine, what's up?" I said as I stirred the pasta. "We just wanted to say sorry." Tom said. "We? As in all of you?" I asked and they all nodded. "We were all kinda ignoring you... kinda... and being weird and we are sorry." Jake said.

"Well, why were you doing it?" I asked as the timer for the food went off. Everyone kinda backed up and all sat down to give me some space as I grabbed the pots and went over to the drainers and drained the water from the pasta and hot dogs.

"We were all kinda talking about you...?" Gus said as innocently as possible. "Good thing I hope?" I said and furrowed my eye brows.

"Well, nothing bad. We were just talking about the situation and everything. We also may or may not have eavesdropped...." Caleb said and I raised my eye brows and looked at them all.

"You were talking to Pop-Pop." Katrina said with a wide smile. "I was." I said and put the food back into the pots, on the stove.

"Teriyaki?" I asked and Katrina and Colby nodded. I nodded as well and grabbed the teriyaki from the fridge. "We heard pretty much your whole conversation." Colby said.

"You could hear Pop-Pop?!" I stopped in my tracks and looked at them. I wasn't mad or anything, I was amazed. "Well, no. But your responses were pretty clear to what he was saying... most of the time." Corey said.

Scratch the amazement.

"Oh..." I said and mixed the teriyaki and butter into the noodles. "Moms recipe? Really?" Gus asked. "Shut up Gus,it's good and you know it. Now that she can't make it anymore, I'm going to." I said.

"It is really good..." Tom said and then shook his head. "Not the point." He said. "Anyways, we all discussed it, and we want to come! Well, me, Gus, Caleb, Colby, Kat, and Sam do." He said and smiled at me.

I passed Colby and Kat their plates and sat down to eat myself. "Okay. I'll call Marie. Let me eat first though, this isn't good cold." I said then dug into my food.

I was telling everyone that we leave tomorrow night and that they should go home and pack now, then come back and sleep here if they wanted too. The rest of them were just gonna stay there.

We were talking about how long we thought we were gonna stay when Gus grabbed my fork and took a huge bite of my food. The pasta to be exact.

I gasped and looked at him. He stopped what he was doing and went wide eyed looking at me. I glared at him and he slowly chewed his food and then gulped it down and smiled at me.

"You have a little something all over your face there, dummy." I said and stuck my tongue out at him. He shrugged. "I was hungry and that's good." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Says the one who said 'MoMs ReCipE? rEaLlY?'" I said and mocked him. "Besides, there's a whole pot full of left over pasta AND hotdogs! I made extra because I knew you guys would want some." I said.

Almost everyone got up and went over to the pots and grabbed some. "Yeah but, yours looked better." He said and winked. Everyone laughed besides me. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes in a playful manner, but couldn't help the smile that crossed my face.

"Go get your own." I said and pointed at him. "You got it captain." He said and saluted at me and then got up and got some food.

The rest of the night was us all eating, then complimenting me about the food, saying how "we should forget it's your moms recipe and just pretend that you came up with this beautiful creation." Colby said that one and everyone agreed. Then we all just talked before they all left to pack and go home.

When Sam and Colby came back, I ordered everyone else's tickets and then we all decided to go to sleep since we wanted to get some things at the store for Marie and my other sisters, nephews, and brother in law, since we will be staying there for a week.

We all parted ways, everyone going to their own rooms, Sam going to the 'guest bedroom' -but not really since I heard him sneak into Kats room- and Colby coming into mine.

I shot Marie a quick text saying that we would be coming tomorrow and that there are 7 of us. She said that that was fine and some people would have to share beds and rooms but that she had enough room for us all. I told her that that was completely fine that we would see her tomorrow.

"Are you excited?" Colby asked me as we got into my bed. "I'm a little nervous but more so excited." I said and he furrowed his eye brows and pulled me into him. "Why are you nervous?" He asked and I sighed.

"I'm scared they won't like me." I mumbled as I cuddled onto his chest. He chuckled and kissed my head. "They would be crazy not to like you." He said and I smiled then looked up at him as he looked down at me.

"How are you feeling about this?" I asked and he chuckled. "Same as you, babygirl, same as you." He said. The name gave me butterflies and made my spine tingle.

"They would be crazy not to like you, Colby." I said and we both smiled. I moved my head back down and closed my eyes. "Night, Babygirl." He said and kissed my head. "Night, lover boy." I said and kissed his cheek and then smiled.

I let myself drift off, thinking about Colby and how much I love him.

As cliché and cheesy as it sounds.

(Hiiiii! I really hope that you guys are enjoying the story! Anyways, lmk if there's any mistakes in the story cuz i haven't been editing 😬)