44

I woke up feeling watched. I opened my eyes too see Colby staring at me and playing with my hair.

"Morning, sleepy." He said quietly with a smile. I grinned and rolled away from him to get up.

"Morning, creepy." I said and laughed as I stretched. "You were doing it to me last night!" He said and held his hands up in defense.

I furrowed my eyes brows, completely stopped what I was doing, and turned to him. "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked and laughed. I was very confused.

"Last night...? After I went to the bathroom... you were staring at me as I fell asleep." He said and furrowed his eye brows.

"No... I went to sleep after I got yanked off the bed. I faintly remember you waking me up to go to the bathroom but I was still half asleep so I don't remember much. Then you left to go to the bathroom and I fell right back to sleep. The next time I woke up was now..." I said and looked at him like he was crazy.

"Please tell me you're joking.. like please tell me this is a prank, baby." He said. I could tell from his eyes that he was freaking out but trying his hardest not to show it.

I was getting really confused. Am I just dumb? Probably.

"What are you talking about?" Asked as I sat on the edge of the bed, facing him. "Last night, after you got dragged to the floor, you said that there was 'an evil spirit watching you from the corner of the room' or something like that, and then you said that you would tell me tomorrow. I didn't really sleep because well... I guess you could say that that really freaked me out. Then I went to the bathroom after a while and when I was drifting off, I felt like I was being watc-"

He couldn't finish his sentence before there was a noise and then a shatter. I gasped and turned my head in the direction of the shatter, only to see one of my most expense and favorite glass perfumes, lying across the room from where it was, broken.

Shattered.

"What the hell?!" Colby asked as he got up and put his hands on his head. I just stared at the glass.

It was my favorite because after I had escaped the asylum, the first time, Tom and Katrina surprised me with it.

I had wanted it for the longest time but I didn't have the money, and my parents wouldn't get it for me. They never got us anything, really. So Katrina and Tom bought it for me, behind our parents backs.

I was so grateful that they had done that, and it was lasting me a while. I still had over half the bottle and I use it very frequently.

Crazy right?

Sorry...

poor choice of words...

Anyways, that perfume meant a lot to me because I had really wanted it and it was given to me after I escaped.

To know that it was all just... gone. Lying in pieces on my floor, hurt.

Now, you're probably thinking something like: "Scarlet, you're being just a lil dramatic... just buy a new one. It's just perfume😂 why are you getting so worked up?"

Well, that was a limited edition one so no, I can't just "buy a new one" and the reason way that specific one is very important to me is because it was Pop-Pop's... kinda. He worked for this perfume and cologne company, and when he died, they sold limited edition perfume and cologne of his favorite perfume, which is one he came up with.

So yeah, that's how I'm not being dramatic. It's the- it was the only thing I had left of him. Besides the fact that I get to see him obviously. But this is different.

I felt tears streamed down my face as I stared deeply at the glass and liquid on the floor.

"Baby? Hellooooo? Earth to Scarlet? Baby why are you crying? Baby!" He said the last part loudly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I-" I couldn't get the words out. I was speechless and a little heart broken.

For about 16 years I've kept that thing intact and pretty much full.

I heard quick foot steps and then the door opened. "Scarlet are you- what the- oh my- is that-?!" I looked up and saw Katrina, Tom, and Caleb.

"Yup... it's gone.."