81

I woke up to a bunch of people surrounding me which kind of freaked me out. I backed up a little bit and took in my surroundings.

I noticed Colby and smiled. He looked worried and it made me frown. "What's wrong?" I asked him. Everyone that was around me looked at me weirdly.

"Ma'am are you feeling okay? Do you know what happened?" A paramedic asked. "Uhh, yeah?" I said. "How are you feeling? You must be a little worried or concerned..." one of them trialed off.

"We'll, I'm relived that I'm not at a hospital." I said. Colby made his way over to me and sat down, pulling me towards himself. "Are you sure you're okay?" Colby asked me. "Yeah. I'm used to it." I said and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Ma'am. Do you mind telling us what happened?" One of the paramedics asked. "Uh sure. There was a knock at the door so I opened it and my mother, Ashley Stuart, was standing there. She pushed me out of the way and made her way inside but they were blocking her from coming in too far. She said somethings we told her to get out. She said that she came here to get my address because this isn't my house, it's my sisters, and that she wanted me for money and then I told her get out before I did it myself. She didn't budge so I grabbed her and brought her out as everyone else went to bring my nephews to bed. We got to the curb and she punched me but she was really weak and I was used to it. After that she pulled a knife out and chased me around the yard with it. Once the police showed, she got a good cut but they got her before she could do anything else." I said.

"What do you mean when you say that you're used to it?" Another paramedic asked. "She  used to abuse me and my siblings as kids." I mumbled, becoming very tired.

"We're so sorry." One said and I nodded, closing my eyes and letting myself fully relax into Colby's arms.

"She should be good since we wrapped her arm. Make sure she eats and drinks. Also she's gonna need some sugar occasionally. Also, we noticed that she had another cut on her arm. Well, it was actually more of a carving." The same paramedic said. I felt my right sleeve being pushed up and I heard Colby gasp and then a few others gasp as well.

"It's from the forest." I mumbled. I heard a few people whisper some things before Colby spoke up. "Is it okay if I bring her to bed?" He asked. "Yeah that's fine." One of the paramedics said. I was slowly falling into sleep as I felt Colby pick me up. "I'll be back." He said and sighed.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled once I felt him carrying me downstairs. "For what?" He asked. "Making your life a mess." I whispered. "What do you mean? You didn't make it a mess, baby. Why do you say that?" He asked and I cracked my eyes open.

"I feel like I'm a burden. I'm a mess and I have so many problems, so many negative things are happening to me and I feel like I'm just dragging you all down." I said and teared up.

"Baby..." Colby said but I cut him off. "I'm sorry." I said and then buried my head into his chest and cried. He laid me on the bed, quickly took his shoes off, and then laid with me. I instantly laid on him and sobbed into the crook of his neck.

"None of those things are true, Scar." He said and rubbed my back. "You're just s-saying that." I said and sobbed harder.

"I'm not. You're one of the best things that has happened to us all. And you aren't dragging us down. We all want to be here for you. We want to help you. You don't even need our help because you're so strong and it amazes me everyday. You've been through hell and back and you always bounce back so quickly. Not only that but when you're hurting or going through something, you make sure everyone is laughing or smiling. You put others before yourself and it's one of the things I admire about you. You're so selfless. That and your ability to bounce back on your own." He said and I sniffled.

"If Gus found out you were saying these things, he'd beat you up." He said jokingly and I giggled while nodding. "Please don't ever think like that babygirl." He said and I nodded. "Okay." I mumbled feeling tired again.

"Tired?" He asked and I nodded. "Do you want me to stay in here or.." he trialed off and I shrugged. "Okay. I'm gonna go see what's happening. You rest up okay?" He asked and I nodded, rolling off of him and cuddling the pillow.

"Night baby. I love you." He said and kissed my cheek, causing me to smile. "I love you too." I said and then drifted off to sleep.

And not a peaceful one.