84

"Did you feel that?" Sam asked casing my head to whip up from its spot on my brothers shoulder. There was a man.

"W-who are you?" I asked and everyone looked to where I was looking. The man smiled. "I'm Adam, a friend of your Pop-pops." He said and I scrunched my brow and looked up to my brother.

"Do you remember Pop-pop having a friend named Adam?" I asked quietly. He thought for a second before shaking his head no. "Well dear, that's because I'm his ghost friend. We met in the after life." He said with a warm smile.

"Why are you here?" I asked quietly and he sighed. "He sent me here." He said and I teared up again. "Is he okay?" I asked, my voice breaking. Tom tightened his grip on me, offering comfort. I reached my hand out to Colby, scared to hear the answer. He took it and gave it a squeeze.

"Yes, he's okay. He's a little hurt but he'll heal." He said and I let out a big breath, happy tears falling down my face.

"Is he okay?" Kat asked quietly, I nodded.

"He's gonna need some time to heal but he wants you to know that for now, I'll be here. I'll pass messages, and protect you while he heals. Also, you need to get rid of those two when they come back. They're gone for now, but not for long. They're strong and clearly they can hurt you very easily." He said and gestured to the scratches on me.

I nodded and looked down. "I can try to heal you if you want." He offered and I looked up at him weirdly. "How?" I asked. "Watch." He said and held his hand out to me. I hesitantly let go of Colby's hand, grabbing Adams.

He closed his eyes and then this light spread from him to me, going from the tip of my fingers and spreading out, reaching every inch of my body, healing me.

Everyone gasped as the scratches magically started disappearing off of me. "What the hell?!" They all said at the same time.

Once I was fully healed, he opened his eyes and looked at me with a friendly smile.

"I must go now, stay out of trouble." He said and pointed to me and then disappeared.

"What the actual hell just happened?" Sam asked, amazed. "He healed me." I whispered out. "What?! How!?" Gus asked and looked at me weirdly.

"I think he was an angel." I said and then shook my head, getting out of Tom's grasp and sitting on my bed. "I think I'm going crazy." I said as tears filled my vision. "Baby, you aren't." Colby said and pulled me into him. I nodded.

"Yes I am." I said, my voice cracking for the 100th time today. "No, you aren't." Gus said and looked at me in a reassuring way.

"I want to go to sleep." I mumbled. Everyone nodded and started getting up. We said goodnight before they left, turning off the light and shutting the door, going into their own rooms.

I laid down, Colby cuddling me. I waited until I heard him sleeping until I broke down and cried. But it was the silent cry, the one that hurts so much you can't even make a sound.

I felt like my life was falling apart, I could never catch a break and I knew I was dragging everyone down with me.

I stayed up crying the whole night, by the time it was 10 am, Colby started waking up causing me to wipe my eyes and face him.

He opened his eyes and squinted at the light casing me to smile and giggle. He looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed but then smiled at me.

But that dropped when we made eye contact. I knew he could see my red, puffy, tired eyes, and tear stained cheeks.

It's like he already knew, so he pulled me into his chest and let me cry. Once I calmed down, I relaxed into him,

Thankful to be in his arms.