one

"I'm still having nightmares

"I'm still having nightmares."

Song: Nightmares by All Time Low

. . . . .

Metal.

Cold, hard metal.

Maria's senses were filled with it - the metal building, the metal taste in her mouth, the metal blade in her hands.

Voices could be heard, but they were indiscernible. All except for one, which she knew very clearly.

"Maria! Maria! Maria!"

The voice of her partner, Jim Streat, was weak and in her ear clear as day. Maria looked down to see him beneath her - lying on the floor and completely covered in blood. It was obvious that an altercation had happened between the two. And Maria had been the victor.

She looked up to the man standing next to her, waiting for his instruction. It was as thought she had no free will - like she was being forced to do something she didn't want to do.

Maria wanted to run. She wanted to cover her partner up and get him and herself the hell out of there. But it wasn't her choice anymore. She held no control over the situation, no matter how hard she tried.

"Kill him," the man said clearly. Maria stood there, silently pleading with her eyes. It had to be some kind of mistake. She wasn't being asked to kill her friend and roommate, was she? The man gave no indication that he was going to change his mind as he nodded sternly.

With her hesitation completely gone, Maria did as she was trained to do. She knelt down, gripping tightly on the blade that had been put in her hand. Every part of her being was yelling and screaming at her to stop this madness. But, like a puppet being controlled by a puppet master, she carried on with her mission.

"Maria," cried Streat with staggered breathing. "Why are you doing this? Why are you betraying us? Why-"

The speaking stopped when Maria slit the man's throat. Blood went everywhere - gushing all over her body. It mixed with the tears that were staining her cheeks.

"Very good."

Maria woke up drenched in sweat, another nightmare stealing her sleep. Her eyes were wide as she came back to reality. It always took her a few moments to realize that it was just a dream - that the terrors of her mind were not her reality anymore. It had been three weeks since she had been found, and yet Maria was worried she might never fully recover.

She lulled her head over, catching sight of the alarm clock. Maria realized then that, with only four hours left until it was time for her to start the day, she might as well do some work on her laptop. But first - snacks.