onehundredandfive

"And you're here in my heart, and my heart will go on and on

"And you're here in my heart, and my heart will go on and on."

Song: My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion

. . . . .

When Maria woke up, what couldn't have been a few minutes later, she felt like she should have been dead. Her body was covered in sweat and she struggled to catch her breath. She felt incredibly heavy and weak as she tried to sit up, barely able to even comprehend where she was or who she was with.

"Woah, woah! Take it easy, squirt," Tony quickly said. "You just got zapped by 100 milliamperes of electricity for nearly 7 minutes straight. You shouldn't be alive right now."

"Did it work," she asked hazily as a pair of hands grabbed hold of her. It was Bucky, who was trying to keep her upright. "Did.. Did you get it out?"

"It was a bitch, but it's out," Tony replied. Maria glanced down at her arm to see blood seeping through her outfit. The girl just nodded and leaned her head against her soulmate's chest.

"Listen, we don't have time to sit here and tell you how incredibly stupid you are for turning yourself in," Steve muttered. "Right now we have a lunatic to kill. Can you fight?"

"Steve," Bucky said angrily. Maria knew he was going to try to stop her, but now she wasn't under Secretary Ross's control. This was the whole point - eliminating that man and saving the world. So she pushed herself off the table before Bucky could have any more say, still being held up by the man as her legs almost gave out from under her.

"Yeah, Cap. I'm always ready to fight."

"Alright then. Let's go," the blonde ordered. He and Tony ran off. Maria tried walking, but her soulmate moved in front of her. He looked at her worriedly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ears.

"Maria-"

"Listen, before you say it - I'm fine. I'm not sitting this out. We've made it this far. I'm not about to let this scumbag do any more damage than he has done. So - respectfully, love - I will literally beat your ass if you try to keep me from fighting."

"I was just going to ask if you wanted to change into something more comfortable," chuckled Bucky. "I'm not stupid. I know you're not going to back down. But are you sure you're okay?"

"Eh, what's a little bit of electricity," shrugged the girl. "It's good for the soul."

"If you say so," the man replied, kissing her on the forehead. The two of them took off back towards the battlefield. All of their people were still standing, but most of their opponents had been taken out. The couple split up, taking out more people as they made their way through the crowd. Maria spotted Will and Clint fighting next to one another and decided to give them some assistance. She used her powers to push back the soldiers they were fighting, sending them down into the river.