sixteen

"All I need is to see your face

"All I need is to see your face."

Song: Breathin by Ariana Grande

. . . . .

"But I thought Dumbledore was one of the good guys?!"

"You think that someone who manipulates two generations of teenage wizards into becoming soldiers is a good guy?"

Peter just looked at Maria with wide eyes.

"You mean... he's bad?"

"Well, he is fighting for the good side, so I guess he has that going for him. But personally I think he's right down there with Umbridge."

"Who?"

Maria rolled her eyes and ruffled his hair, turning his head back towards the screen. They were only on the fourth movie, which meant they had a long way to go in their Harry Potter marathon. Peter, when asking Maria to watch the movies with him, clearly had not realized that she was as big of a Harry Potter fan as he was of Star Wars.

With that being said, the girl was having a hard time enjoying one of her favorite movie franchises.

Over the past two weeks the team had gone on over 15 missions total. That was a record high, even for the Avengers. Everyone had been needed for the most recent one - everyone except Maria, Peter, and Vision. Maria had still not been cleared for active duty, which was a subject that made her exceedingly angry. Peter had homework, and Tony was tired of getting angry voicemails from his aunt about his failing grades. And Vision.... Well, Maria theorized that he was left behind to make sure she didn't do anything she wasn't supposed to.

You know who has been able to go? Bucky Fucking Barnes - that's who.

The day after their date, she was informed that he had been cleared to join them on their missions. Maria had flown pissed - screaming and yelling about the "unjust misogyny" that was clearly happening. She wasn't mad at Bucky, but at her father and Steve. They were the ones making the final call on that decision, which to her was a bunch of bullshit. Dr. Raynor got an earful too. Anyone within hearing distance knew that she was pissed off. That led her down a road of self-loathing and seclusion. So even when they were home Maria tended to keep herself tucked away from anyone and everyone.

Except Bucky.

Having him go out in the field was hard - a lot harder than she would've thought. Even if he was halfway across the globe she could still feel his emotions emitting through the bond. If he got anxious or scared, she could feel it. Most times it was a dull feeling, as though he didn't get stressed out while on missions. But knowing that he was out there made her feel constantly uneasy. Hence the reason she accepted Peter's invitation to educate him on the wizarding world of Harry Potter.

"Which house do you think I belong in," Peter asked. "Personally, I think I'm a gryffindor."

"I tend to agree."