onehundred

"We believe in lies so we can relax for a little bit

"We believe in lies so we can relax for a little bit."

Song: Ignorance is Bliss by Our Last Night

. . . . .

Maria sat in the car, waiting for her soulmate to return from the front porch of the Jacobson residence. The couple had stayed for dinner after Lily had almost cried when Bucky tried to tell her that they needed to go. Maria, however, barely touched any of her food. Her entire appetite ceased to exist. Learning the news about Secretary Ross had made her stomach churn. She had barely spoken to anyone, even Tina. It was as though she had completely shut down.

Her eyes looked up to see Bucky and Will hugging one another before Bucky made his way to the vehicle. Will locked eyes with Maria, giving her a sympathetic and knowing look. He may not have been there over the entirety of the past few years, but he knew enough about her past to know what the knowledge she had been given would do to her.

"Maria," Bucky asked as he sat in the car, pausing instead of turning it on. She turned to look at him in an attempt to smile. But she couldn't fake it that much. Maria's insides were seemingly breaking - one of her biggest fears coming true. So the man grabbed her and pulled him onto his lap as she began crying. "Talk to me, doll."

"He made me kill them, Bucky," the girl whispered. "He's the reason my teammates are dead. He orchestrated the Accords. It's been him- just him."

"I know-"

"Was this his plan all along? Limit us and then hit us where it hurts" she asked - her sadness being replaced by anger. "He is responsible for Sam dying. For the torture we went through. For the death of our child! He has ruined our lives!"

"Which is why we are going to get the whole team together and take down this son of a bitch," the man said, pushing her hair off her neck. "He has put my girl through so much shit, and I won't take it any longer."

"What about Will," Maria asked as she looked back towards the front porch. "What did he say to you?"

"He is done fighting. He said that the best thing for him was to stay away and keep his family safe. I told him that we understood, but that if he ever wanted to get back into it, he would be able to call us and-"

"Who are we calling," a voice interrupted. Maria and Bucky both looked in the backseat as the boy in question slid into the backseat of the vehicle. The blonde had a wide, shit eating grin as he threw his duffle in next to him. "What? Did you really think I could pass up an opportunity to kick ass with my bestie?"

"As honored as I am-"

"Who said I was talking about you, Stark," Will snarked, causing Bucky to laugh.

"That was low, Jacobson. Even for you."

"Listen," he said with a seriousness in his voice. "I'm done, but I can't let everyone fight a battle that I was instrumental in bringing to life. So, despite my mother and brother's protests, I am going with the two of you."