fiftyone

"I'm only getting started

"I'm only getting started. I won't blackout."

Song: Blackout by Carolina Breathe

. . . . .

"You're fucking getting off to this, aren't you," Maria asked, eyes going cross as she began to struggle to see. The blood loss she was experiencing was too much too quickly. Grant just chuckled at her state.

"You think I'm enjoying this?"

"What else am I supposed to think," she growled, turning to look at him. "Me being beaten to shit because you can't do this yourself. Is that your plan? Have the love of my life beat me senseless every day until I die because you are too weak to do the job yourself?"

Maria knew his masculinity being threatened would do the trick. If she could just save her soulmate from being the one that delivered the life ending blow, then she would be able to die in peace. Because she was dying, and she knew it. There was no way she didn't have internal injuries. And nobody had been tending to them during the course of what she assumed was the past month. Honestly, the only reason she even had an idea of how long it had been was the fact that Bucky's facial hair had grown significantly.

Grant suddenly moved in between her and the Winter Soldier. Maria looked up at him as best she could, still trying to keep her head up with limited success. Grant's eyes narrowed as he scanned Maria up and down.

"What," she questioned sarcastically. "Do I have something on my face?"

The back of Grant's hand slapped her face - the noise ringing through the concrete room. Maria let out a shriek from the pain, but turned back to him with a bloody grin.

"And here I thought maybe Barnes could knock some of that smartass out of you."

"Plenty have tried, none have succeeded."

When Grant hit Maria this time, it was in the stomach. She coughed violently as she felt one of her lungs begin to collapse. But that wasn't the worst part. As she was struggling to breathe, the man in charge turned to the Winter Soldier and whispered something in his ear. The brainwashed man then moved behind Maria - grabbing her throat with a force that made inhaling air extremely taxing.

"Маленькая девочка для меня ничего не значит."

"Вы знаете, как я отношусь к тому, что меня называют маленькой девочкой," Maria replied, trying not to take his words to heart.

"Жалкий монстр," the man said as he leaned down into Maria's ear. "Недостойный любви и искупления. Лабораторный эксперимент, причиняющий боль каждому. Это то, что ты ... маленькая девочка."