sixtytwo

"People wanna talk when I'm not around to hear

"People wanna talk when I'm not around to hear. Really they don't know what I'm made of. People keep on walking so far away from here. Clearly I'm the one they're afraid of."

Song: Monster by Gabbi Hanna

. . . . .

Bucky... I have to find Bucky.

Maria sat up quickly only to discover that she wasn't in the med bay. As she looked around, it seemed that she was in the chamber that had been constructed for her to be able to train in. She was on a hospital bed that had been brought in there, with equipment next to it that would allow for her to be monitored.

The girl unplugged herself and bolted for the door in desperate need to find her soulmate. But when she reached the door it was locked. Which was when Maria realized that the antigravity part of the chamber was running outside of where she was. Maria looked at one of the massive see-through walls to see Natasha standing there observing her.

"Where is Bucky," the girl questioned as she walked over to the wall.

"He is fine, Maria."

"For a fucking trained assassin you'd think you would be a better fucking liar. Let me see him."

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that."

"Why the hell not," questioned the girl. Maria threw her fist against the wall as anger flooded into her. Natasha took a step back, clearly terrified. When the red head refused to respond, Maria paced back and forth for a few moments. She felt trapped - like an animal in a zoo. "What did I do?"

"It's not as bad as you are thinking," the woman said in regards to her soulmate's condition. "He is going to be okay."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"His metal arm is completely destroyed," sighed Natasha. "It took most of the pressure. He has a few broken ribs and a couple of hairline fractures around his body."

"But," Maria asked, knowing there had to be more.

"But his femur was shattered," finished the woman on the outside of the chamber. Maria swallowed thickly, biting her lip as she turned to put her back towards Natasha. "Maria, he has regenerative capabilities. He is going to make a full recovery. It may take a day or two, but everything is going to be fine."

"Everything is going to be fine," shouted Maria as she turned back to face Natasha. She was overly emotional at the idea of how she could have easily hurt her soulmate. But what was worse was that she wasn't being allowed to see him. "If you thought that everything was 'fine' then why am I locked in here?! Everything is most definitely not 'fine,' Natasha."

"Maria, I am going to need you to calm down."

"Calm down?! Why? It's not like I can fucking hurt anyone while I am locked in here, can I? And that's the point, isn't it? Everyone thinks I am going to blow up and kill someone, right?"