onehundredandsixtythree

"Our love is untouchable

"Our love is untouchable."

Song: Beautiful Mess by Kristian Kostov

. . . . .

Journal Entry #200

We finally did it - we got married.

I am pretty sure I could shout it from the rooftops, but then Maria would be embarrassed. So maybe I shouldn't do that. But hell, after all of the shit we've been through, the fact that this day actually happened is a miracle in and of itself. We've been to hell and back, but having each other and all of our friends and family here with us to celebrate has made it worth it.

I'm the luckiest man alive - I just know it.

I do wish Sam could have been here tonight, and I know Maria does too. He would have given me so much shit about my vows and how big of an "incurable romantic" I am. He also would have given a toast that would have inevitably roasted me while simultaneously praising Maria. But that's just Sam - and I miss the fuck out of that punk.

We did have a surprise visitor. Thor showed up towards the end of the night, bringing gifts for both of us. Maria was over the moon excited to see him, especially since we have been trying to get ahold of him for a few years now. He brought me some of the asgardian liquor - and by some I mean 2 barrels full of it. And really, its a gift for both me and Maria since she can now handle it. But for Maria, he gave her a necklace that was a gift from his mother. I don't really know the full story, but I do know that the jewel on it was beautiful - making Maria glow even more than she already was, if that's possible.

But then the wildest thing happened. I know, I know, I say that all the time. I really mean it this time though. We were sitting around Thor's hammer, and it was decided that those of us who hadn't tried had to try to pick it up. I was skeptical as I watched both Parker and T'Challa fail. I figured surely they would be worthy. When it came to my turn, I didn't want to even give it a go. How the hell would I be worthy when all of these people weren't anywhere close? I tried to refuse, but Maria and Steve wouldn't let me off the hook. So I walked over and closed my eyes, ready to be proven right.

Only I wasn't.

The hammer got lifted with ease in my hand, not feeling near as heavy as I thought it would. Everyone's faces were of pure shock, as was mine. I'm pretty sure Thor was going to puke. And Steve's little punk ass was just grinning from ear to ear. Even he hadn't been able to pick it up - apparently it only creaked just a little bit. But here I was - a killer - holding up Mjølnir. Which means I can rule Asgard.

Fucking bet.

- - - - -

Mass chaos ensued the moment Steve's words rang through the air. Thor released a war cry that spurred on the others as everyone went running, charging into battle. Thanos's army met them halfway, and thus, the battle for the galaxy ensued.