eightyfour*

"And I know being together, we feel like forever

"And I know being together, we feel like forever."

Song: I Feel Everything by Cara Delevigne

. . . . .

Maria smiled sleepily, running her fingers through her sleeping soulmate's hair. Bucky would never admit it, but falling asleep on top of her chest was one of his favorite things. He was using her as a pillow, softly snoring with his arms wrapped around her torso and one leg thrown over hers. Their skin was beginning to chill against one another - the sweat from the rounds that initially knocked him out long gone. A sheet covered both of them as they laid there.

The girl couldn't find it within her to sleep, for fear of losing even a second of time with her soulmate. He was going to be going back into cryostasis in the next seven hours. The days they had spent together had been nothing shy of perfect. That perfection was going to end by nine am. Maria spent the time since he had fallen asleep memorizing the pattern of his snoring, as well as the sounds that came from the constantly moving metal arm. Despite being asleep, that appendage always seemed to move around and cause a clunking of the pieces. It was almost soothing to her. It was a constant reminder that he was there with her.

That notion caused the girl to desire fresh air. She slowly crept out from under Bucky - a task that was a lot harder than one would think - without waking him up. Maria kissed his forehead and wrapped herself up with the sheet that had been covering him. The girl stepped out onto the balcony, leaving the door open as she breathed in the Wakandan air.

A few tears slipped down her face as more and more memories popped into her head. The damn she had built up finally broke - the girl weeping for the emptiness she knew she was about to feel again. If she never had to endure that kind of terror again it would be too soon. Maria couldn't describe that to Bucky. He would never understand that kind of numbness. Plus it would be incredibly jealous of her to want him to give up his dream of being free from his own form of slavery. Despite her adoptive lineage, Maria was inherently not the type of person who purposefully wants to ruin others. All she wanted to do was make sure her soulmate was happy.

"Maria," the girl heard groaning out. A shuffling on the bed broke her out of her pity party. Maria was just going to miss him was all - plain and simple.

"Out here," she replied, wiping away her tears as best she could. It didn't take but a few moments for Bucky to slip out to her. He placed a kiss on her bare shoulder and grabbed part of the sheet, wrapping himself up tightly with the girl. Maria could feel his bare skin warming her up in contrast to the breeze. The man wrapped his arm around her as she laid back against him.

"What's wrong, doll?"

"Nothing," replied Maria, trying to suppress any vibes that might have been unknowingly sent through the bond. "Just thinking."