eightynine*

"I want you so bad, it's driving me mad

"I want you so bad, it's driving me mad."

Song: I Want You (She's So Heavy) by Joe Anderson, Dana Fuchs, T.V. Carpio

. . . . .

Bucky held onto Maria as she jumped onto him, practically trying to topple the man over. The moment the two were touching it felt as though they were connected once again. He could feel her through the bond once more. He was bombarded with the feeling of relief as she tucked her face into his neck. Bucky held onto her as tightly as he could. Maria seemed to practically melt into his hold while the tension in her body seemingly disappeared.

The two of them stayed there in silence - Bucky holding onto the girl whose legs were wrapped around his waist. Their heartbeats synced during the minutes that passed. But then Maria pulled back from him just enough to flash that beautiful smile of hers at him. Her hands moved to cup his cheeks. That skin on skin contact had the bond sending surges of electricity between the two of them. It was palpable, and led the two of them to connect their lips together passionately. Bucky matched her intensity until she was out of breath - lips puffy and full.

"Hi," he whispered to her, leaning his forehead on hers.

"Hi," the girl replied as her eyes fluttered shut. Bucky didn't miss the fact that a few tears slipped down her face.

"I missed you, darling."

"You have no idea, James."

"Excuse me! Could the two of you please get a room? There are little eyes in this hallway," a familiar voice said, causing Bucky to grin and look over Maria. Standing in the hallway was a slew of people - T'Challa, Nakia, Shuri, Steve, and a woman he didn't recognize. Both Bucky and Maria laughed as Shuri hit her brother on the shoulder.

"You better not be referring to me as these 'little eyes,' brother. I have seen more than you know."

Bucky sat Maria back on the ground, but she didn't go far. Her arm stayed wrapped around his as she clung to him - practically attached to his hip. The group walked up to the two of them.

"Why are you smiling like that," Maria asked Steve, who had a shit eating grin on his face. "Did you know?!"

"Shuri told me when I called her earlier," shrugged the blonde before he gave Bucky a hug. "It's good to have you back, pal."

"It's good to be back," the brunette stated before eyeing down the blonde woman next to his best friend. Bucky leaned down to Maria, whispering in her ear. "Is that her?"

"Sharon Carter," Maria replied, nodding to insinuate that this was the woman that she had seen with Steve back at the compound. "Meet Bucky Barnes."

Bucky went to shake her hand, but was met with a hug instead. It took him off guard, but he accepted it nonetheless. Once the two separated, Bucky turned back to Steve.