three

"Give me a therapy, I'm a walking tragedy

"Give me a therapy, I'm a walking tragedy."

Song:  Therapy by All Time Low

. . . . .

Maria sat on the most uncomfortable couch she had ever been on, legs crossed on the cushions like she was a child. She didn't know what she disliked more - being forced into mandatory therapy or the therapist that was chosen. Dr. Christina Raynor, a former United States Army officer, was the therapist that had been hired for the Avengers specifically. It was no secret that they went through a lot. Maria hadn't had much interaction with the woman before moving into the tower, seeing as she was on missions associated with SHIELD. But now that her old organization was in ruins Maria was considered an Avenger so, with her father being one of the self-proclaimed "leaders" of the group, she had no choice. That didn't mean she was going to enjoy it.

"Miss Stark," the woman said, raising her eyebrow. Maria shook her head and looked back at her as she came back to reality. "I was asking if anything happened this week of any importance?"

"Not that I can think of," Maria replied with pursed lips. When Dr. Raynor sighed, the girl rolled her eyes. "What?"

"Nothing at all?"

"Nope."

They sat in silence once again, leading Maria to lose herself in her thoughts. It was mid-May... just a couple days away from the anniversary of the incident which had her there in the first place. All Maria could think of was about her team - how much she missed them and how heartbroken she was to not be able and pick up the phone to talk to any one of her teammates. What the girl would give to have five minutes with them.

"Have you still been having nightmares," Dr. Raynor asked to break the silence. Maria shook her head. That seemed to be the last straw for the woman, seeing as Maria hadn't answered a single one of her questions with much more than a one word answer or a shake of her head. "You know, this is utter bullshit."

"Getting irritated Doctor?"

"I don't like people wasting my time."

"Is that what you think I'm doing?"

"It seems to be."

"Imagine how I must be feeling," Maria said as she crossed her arms over her chest. "All you as me is stupid questions like 'are you having nightmares' or 'what are you feeling?' I'm not a psychiatrist, but that feels like a pretty big waste of both of our times."

"Do you want to go back into the field," asked Dr. Raynor, leaning forward and propping her elbows on her knees. Maria scoffed and rolled her eyes at the woman.

"Of course I want to go back."

"Why is that?"

"What do you mean 'why?' Why wouldn't I? It's my job."