onehundredandtwentyeight

"Reach out, touch faith

"Reach out, touch faith."

Song: Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode

. . . . .

"Steve," Bucky called out, knowing that his end was near. "I-"

A blinding light caused the man to squeeze his eyes shut tightly. Following that was an explosion that cut off his sentence. Bucky felt the outrider that had been so close to killing him fly off of him. He sat up and couldn't contain his smile.

Standing in the middle of the clearing was Thor, along with the racoon and the tree. And in his hand? The weapon he must have been so desperate to try and find.

"You guys are so screwed now," Bruce cackled.

"Fuck yeah," cheered Bucky.

"It's about time you three showed up," Steve said with an awe-inspired grin.

"Bring me Thanos," Thor yelled in what could only be considered a war cry. Electricity was flowing off of him steadily - even his eyes were filled with it. The god flew up into the air as the entire sky went dark, blasting the biggest lightning bolt Bucky had ever seen in his life.

It was as though the fight had been reignited in everyone. The warriors joined in behind him in a thunderous cry. Bucky scrambled to grab his gun so that he could shoot at the outriders left and right.

"Come and get some, space dogs," he heard the raccoon shout. Bucky looked over to see a herd of outriders heading towards him. Without thinking twice, the man rushed over and grabbed him by the collar of his vest. Bucky spun the two of them around, shooting at the creatures heading in the direction. "Come on. Get some! Get some!"

Once there were nothing but dead bodies around them, Bucky dropped him onto the ground. But he wasn't dumb enough to not be prepared. He held his gun back up in position, anticipating another wave at any point.

"How much for the gun," the rodent had the audacity to ask.

"Not for sale," grumbled Bucky.

"Okay. How much for the arm?"

Bucky smirked and walked away, searching adamantly for Steve to help him out. He finally found him fighting next to Thor - the two of them slinging outriders left and right. But he saw movement at the barrier that stopped him in his tracks.

"Steve," he shouted, gaining his friend's attention. "Do you see that?"

Coming up from underneath the earth were machines that looked like huge grinders. They demolished everything in their path, and they were headed straight towards the fight.

"Fall back," yelled T'Challa adamantly. "Fall back now!"

Thor grabbed both Steve and Bucky. He flew the men over to the side as one came directly for them. When they landed, the brunette looked to his best friend in fear.