onehundredandfortyeight

"Straight into the mouth of the unknown

"Straight into the mouth of the unknown."

Song: Call Me by Shinedown

. . . . .

Journal Entry #41

So um.... I'm back.

I know I said in my last entry that I wasn't coming back - that I was leaving this world for good. But I can't do that now. Not when I just met the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on.

Steve told FRIDAY to have me come down to the med bay. When I made it down there, the first thing he said was "she's awake Buck. She's going to be okay." I assumed he meant Maria, Stark's daughter. He was very attached to her, so I let him hug it out with me. But as time went on, I saw someone standing in the doorway of a room.

She literally took my breath away.

She was small, yet fit, but it was obvious that she had been in captivity for a while. Her hair was long and brown, frazzled yet surely soft to the tough. But damn, it was her eyes that did me in. They were the brightest shade of green I've ever seen on anyone's eyes, with golden speckles mixed in. I'd be lying if I said that she wasn't the prettiest dame I had ever laid eyes on.

But then she spoke.

Dear God, fuck - I'm gushing like a schoolgirl. But I mean seriously, her voice was damn near enchanting. And I don't say that about anyone. It wasn't just her voice itself, but it was what she said. She was sarcastic and witty, while seemingly exuding intelligence. It was intoxicating, as was her semi broken-hearted smile - a result of the events that led to her being brought to the tower in the first place.

Maria Stark.

That was her name. And yeah, she's Tony's kid. The resemblance was obvious. They both looked the same in a sense, but they both clearly thought alike too. She's going to be a challenge. But that's besides the point.

I swear I'm already falling for her.

There's no way I can end it all - not now. Not after meeting her. No, I'm going to "woo" her (as Wilson would say). I'm going to find my redemption in those eyes, to hell with soulmate tattoos and bonds. I just have to wait and see.

Who knows... Maybe fate will work in my favor for once.

- - - - -

Maria's leg bounced up and down - her fingers digesting with the zipper of her soulmate's jacket. That she was currently wearing. Even the nearly faded smell of him couldn't seem to calm her down as she tried not to send herself into an overly anxious state. But this was nerve wracking for her to say the least.

Steve's eyes kept darting into the rearview mirror to check on the girl, but she just kept staring out the window at the passing trees. When Natasha's hand came from the front seat to find her leg, that was when Maria's attention moved within the car.