fifty

"I have realized I want to rewind my whole life

"I have realized I want to rewind my whole life."

Song: Leave Me Alone by $uicideboy$

. . . . .

"Please," Maria sobbed as she absorbed another punch. Her chest felt tight and heavy - every single hit taking more and more out of her. "Please, stop!"

The man hitting her didn't listen. He kept hitting her as hard as he could. He was relentless - not stopping when Maria was sure she was going to die. Only when he was ordered did the man halt his movements.

"Хватит, солдат."

Those words stopped the dark haired man, sending him stepping backwards and into the shadows. Maria gasped for air - struggling to maintain a regular pattern of breathing. Her vision was disoriented as she waited for the next round of beatings.

"I've got to be honest," Grant commented, leaning down to grasp Maria's chin. "You've looked better."

"Really? Is it my hair? You know, I've been thinking about going blonde."

"Ooo, now that would be a sight."

"They do say that blondes have more fun."

"You know, I've really missed this banter. These guys here, they aren't nearly as fun as you."

"And who's fault is that, hm? I seem to remember you being ready to settle down with me. Or was that wedding ring you kept in the sock drawer just another part of the ruse?"

Grant looked at Maria with a shocked smirk.

"Oh don't play coy with me now," she continued. "You might have fooled me as to who you really were, but I was an agent just like you. I saw the ring - I figured you were going to propose that night."

"I actually was," the man stated, letting go of her face and sitting down in front of her in his usual spot. Maria knew he was confused as to why she was bringing all of this up. If she was being honest, Maria just wanted to have a break from being brutally beaten to death. But Grant didn't have to know that. "Would you have said yes?"

"Would it shock you to know that I would have?"

"Even though your father despised me?"

"But he's not my father, is he?"

"Touche, baby," chuckled Grant. "Don't think I don't know what you are doing."

"And what is that?"

"Wasting time because you think that the longer between beatings, the less likely it is that your soulmate will kill you."