onehundredandfour

"If you think you fuckin' with my squad, better hang it up

"If you think you fuckin' with my squad, better hang it up."

Song: Is You Ready? by Migos

. . . . .

The plan was simple.

The avengers were going to return to the compound. So, once they did, HYDRA was going to attack them. Maria was to be their leading authority - the special weapon. Despite how much the girl disliked him, Secretary Ross wasn't a total idiot. He knew that it didn't matter how many tanks and soldiers he had, What he needed was an enhanced individual with enough power to wipe out half the continent if need be.

That person was Maria.

She was scared - more scared than she had ever remembered being in her life. Maria knew she had to continue playing along, dragging them to the compound and then turning on her team. But what she didn't expect was for Ross to be smart enough to put in a safe guard in case she was lying.

"What the hell is this," Maria asked as she was being injected with something.

"My insurance policy. The transmitter in your arm will send electrical shocks throughout your body if you try to disobey."

"Have I not yet proven my loyalty to you and to HYDRA? What more must I do?"

"I can only take your word so far, given who raised you," the man said as he rolled his eyes. "Now, gear up. We are leaving in 10 minutes."

Maria nodded and left the lab, heading to change into something she could fight in. Apparently, Grant had created a suit for the girl to help harness her abilities and maximize her output of energy while minimizing the amount of energy she had to use. It was laying out in one of the locker rooms that Maria was sent to go to. She slipped it on and looked at herself in the mirror. The suit was black, with dark grey that mimicked her powers weaved into it. And of course, it was skin tight. Because nothing could ever be comfortable.

The girl looked behind her in the mirror, just as she was shoved up against it. A hand went over her mouth, but Maria didn't take time to look and see who it was before she was fighting. She kicked at the person in the ribs, but whoever it was barely flinched.

"Maria, calm down," Will said, holding onto her tightly. "It's just me."

"Will," gasped the girl as she pulled his hand from her face. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I'm not an idiot, Stark. I knew what you were going to do before you ever told Barnes. I told him I would come and keep an eye on you."

"You shouldn't have come. You... You need to go, Willie."

"I'm not leaving you here alone."

"Jacobson," Maria said sternly, looking her best friend in the eyes. "Go back. Go with the others. Go be with Wanda. I don't need you to be here. That's an order."