onehundredandsixtyseven

"Everything happens for a reason

"Everything happens for a reason. It's all a blessing in disguise."

Song: Everything I Need by Skylar Grey

. . . . .

Journal Entry #107

We have her. We got her back from Ward. I won't go into all of the details, but he won't be coming after us anytime soon... thanks to a blast from Tony.

What I will talk about is the fact that Maria is not in good shape. She is slowly dying, or was until we found her. My girl was put in that god forsaken chair, slowly electrocuted towards submission. As of right now, it isn't clear why. But what I do know is that she is still in there... somewhere. Grant didn't fully break her, just partially.

She hasn't woken up yet, and no one knows when or if she will. But Maria is a fighter, and I know she will come out of this. She has too..... She just has to.

If there was anything I could do, I would be doing it. There is actually nothing in this world that I wouldn't do for her. I would lie, cheat, kill, steal, etc. Anything she asked, I would do it if it meant that she was happy and safe. I just..... I just can't lose her. I love her too much. She is my everything, and if I ever lost her... well... I wouldn't want to keep going.

I love her and I need her to wake up.

- - - - -

"Remember. You have to return the stones to the exact moment we got them or we are going to open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities," Maria told Bruce as he carried a briefcase full of infinity stones. "Are you sure..."

"Don't worry, Maria," nodded the now not green man. "Clip all the branches."

The girl just nodded in response. After the battle, it seemed that Bruce was able - or willing - to revert back to his normal self instead of being meshed with his larger alter ego. It was then that he volunteered to be the one to return the stones to their place in time, and nobody was willing to argue with him over that. It was going to be a precarious mission, but with his intellect and strength Maria knew he would do fine.

So they set up a new time machine in the lawn outside Tony's home with what knowledge and materials they could find since the original one was destroyed by Thanos. Maria and her father had stayed up for hours piecing it together so that time could be restored. Bruce had been prepped after spending time in the cradle to fix his arm, leading them there to that moment.

"I know he tried," she mumbled as she gave the man a hug. "He tried to bring her back."

"I know," Bruce whispered before letting her go. He ruffled her hair like he always did, turning to shake Bucky's hand and kiss the cheek of the girl in his arms.