fortythree

"They want me dead or alive

"They want me dead or alive. I'm just trying to survive."

Song: Dead or Alive by Jazz Cartier

. . . . .

"Bucky," Maria whimpered, spitting up blood. "You know me."

Her words were met with another punch to her chest, which sent her flying backwards. Maria's head slammed against the concrete floor, causing tears to form in her eyes. Her entire body felt like it had been repeatedly ran over by a tank.

As the girl tried to catch her breath, she felt her airway tighten up. The Winter Soldier stood over her with his metal fist gripping onto her neck so harshly that she was certain she was going to die. Her eyes met the pitch black ones of the man who had once been her soulmate as she struggled to breathe. When Maria's world began closing the pressure off of her neck was released. From there she was sat up in the chair she had been strapped to - gasping for air as her head hung.

For an entire month, this had been a big part of her day to day routine. After three days of continuous torture in the electric chair, Grant had broken Bucky. Maria had been forced to watch the entire thing - every single second of the horrible pain that her soulmate had to endure. Neither of them got any break at any point in time. And when Grant had succeeded, Maria knew that it was just beginning.

"Can I at least have some fucking clothing," Maria asked as she continued to gasp for air. She tossed her head to the side towards Grant, who was sitting with a beer in his hand and one leg crossed over the other. She never got a single moment of peace - the man being around almost constantly when she was in the holding room. "I mean seriously - this shirt has blood stains from weeks ago. The least you could do is get me new underwear."

"Опять солдат," Grant stated, looking at the Winter Soldier. Maria sighed and shivered - truly wishing he would at the very least give her some pants. She was still stuck in the oversized button-up and underwear she had been wearing when Bucky had been overtaken back on the island. All she wanted was some fresh clothes. But no.... Grant had to be a fucking psychopath.

"Love," the girl whispered in an attempt to break her soulmate free. "Fight it, Bucky."

The stone cold killer didn't even blink twice as he followed the same routine he had created since day one. A punch to her left cheek. A kick to her right. A punch to her chest. Choking her until she was almost unconscious. And then sat her up until Grant instructed him to do it again.

Repeatedly.

Over and over.

It was hell.

Breathing was becoming difficult even when Bucky wasn't beating her. Maria could feel bruises and welts rising on her skin every time he hit her. She knew all of her ribs were broken. It was shocking her jaw wasn't yet, but the girl had a feeling it was coming.