eightyeight

"I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim

"I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim."

Song: Can You Feel My Heart by Bring Me the Horizon

. . . . .

"Everyone good," Steve asked as Maria walked into the bar via the coms she had placed in her ear. The captain was stationed near the bathrooms, leaning against the wall and sipping a beer. Sharon was on the dance floor in order to survey the room. Maria grabbed a drink from the bar and took her place on a barstool. The bar got crowded quickly, making their job a lot harder.

"Hello there, miss," an Italian man who approached her said - his voice thick as he tried his best to speak slowly as though she couldn't comprehend his words. "You look alone. Mind if I join?"

"Not interested," she responded bluntly, taking a drink of her drink and standing up to move away from the man. But he moved in front of her and trapped her against the bar. Maria could smell the thick scent of alcohol on him.

"Dove stai andando, piccola?"

In one fell swoop Maria turned the two of them around, pinning the man's arm behind his back as discreetly as she could. The girl pressed him against the bar and cursed in his ear.

"Ascolta qui, fottuto stronzo. Non sono il tuo bambino, o la tua ragazza. Quando dico che non sono interessato, significa che non sono fottutamente interessato."

Maria went to move away from him when she felt the barrel of a gun press against her side. She immediately stiffened with a deep intake of air. A pair of lips became pressed against her ear.

"Say or do anything to warn your team and they are dead," Will hissed in her ear. "Now step away slowly and let my colleague go."

She did as he asked, standing up and releasing the man she had pinned down. He turned around and pulled his hand back before landing a smack against her cheek. Maria went to lunge after him, but Will cocked the gun.

"Walk," he ordered sternly. Had circumstances been different, the girl might have laughed at the way he was stern with her. But knowing that he was now a trained killer hell bent on revenge, she knew better. So Maria did as was asked of her. Her head turned as she tried desperately to make eye contact with Steve or Sharon. But Will soon figured that out. "I won't hesitate."

"You won't," she dares to say back.

"Do you really want to try me?"

Maria rolled her eyes and continued walking forward. It was just her and Will as he shoved her outside into the back alley. The girl nearly stumbled into a nearby wall. But she caught herself and turned to face her friend - only to have a gun pointed at her.

"Will, listen to me-"

"No! You don't get to talk, and you don't get to act like you know me."