fortysix

"Don't wanna comply

"Don't wanna comply."

Song: Comply by Llynks

. . . . .

Pain.

Maria's body was filled with it. It was the inescapable kind where every cell in her body hurt. She felt like she had been filled with molten lava. Four days had passed since the girl had been placed into the particle infusion chamber. She had passed out in the chamber. The next thing the girl had remembered was waking up in a medical bed. Everything within the room was white - a stark contrast to what Maria had been used to for the past few weeks. She was hooked up to numerous machines so that her brainwaves and vitals could be monitored.

Maria had been barely chained up as simply a formality. She had absolutely nothing in her tank. Between the lack of food, the lack of sleep, the beatings, and the chamber, Maria was too tired to even walk, much less try to run away. The girl assumed that was the plan all along - get her as weak as possible so that she wouldn't have to be restrained so much when she was infused.

Surprisingly Maria hadn't felt a single effect from the gravitonium. She blamed that on both how frazzled her brain was and how exhausted she felt. But Maria hadn't died, so that was something.

She hadn't seen Grant at all, which she was glad for. If she did, Maria was certain that what little bit of life she had inside of her would be used to murder him where he stood. That was her end goal now - if she made it out of there alive and with her mind intact, Maria was going to kill Grant Ward.

The only person she saw other than the medical staff was Werner. He would come by to bring Maria food that he had saved and snuck out. He talked to her as long as he could but then left before raising suspicion. Maria tried to eat, but couldn't keep anything down because of the pain.

"How are we feeling," the boy asked as he came to visit her one day. The girl glared at him as cold sweats coursed through her body. Werner grabbed an extra blanket and tucked it over her frame snuggly.

"Daisy," she asked as her teeth clattered together in the cold. "Did she.."

"I'm sorry. She didn't make it."

Maria sighed - closing her eyes in sadness. Losing Daisy was hard. That was one more person from her past that she was unable to keep safe. One more person who died at the hands of HYDRA. And one more person who suffered because of Maria. She was beginning to think that even knowing her was a death sentence.

"Maria, you have to eat."

"I've tried," she replied with tears rolling down her face. "I keep trying and it's pointless."

"But your body won't be able to function without it!"

"Damn it, kid! I said I've been trying!"

As Maria shouted at him, the room began shaking. The two looked around to try and figure out where the source of the shaking was coming from. Maria glanced down to see a grey mist coming from her hands. It reminded her of Wanda's powers, but a little bit more intense. She lifted up her hands to inspect what was going on. Once she did, a surge of the energy from her hands flew from her hands towards Werner.