thirtynine

"I forgive you, I forgive me

"I forgive you, I forgive me. Now when do I start to feel again?"

Song: I Forgive You by Kelly Clarkson

. . . . .

"Maria?"

The girl looked up to see Wanda standing in the doorway of her bathroom, not expecting her to be there at all. She was in what could be best described as a compromised position - half naked in a puddle of tears on the bathroom floor with weed paraphernalia and empty liquor bottles all around her.

"What do you want," Maria questioned, words slurring off the tip of her tongue. She was so far gone that she wasn't even 100% sure that it was Wanda. All the girl knew was that she wasn't feeling any pain, which was the whole point.

"How long have you been in here?"

"Uh... what day is today?"

"Thursday."

"Tuesday."

"Ježiš kurva Kristus Mária," the sokovian teen said as she walked into the room. Maria watched as Wanda began throwing things away, cleaning up the area around her. But before she could grab it, Maria swiped the only bottle that had anything left in it. "Give it to me."

"Not a chance, backstabber," slurred the girl, drinking the bottom out of it. The liquor burned her throat but she didn't care. Wanda grabbed it out of her hands and chunked it in the toilet before reaching for Maria's arm. "What the fuck do you think you are doing?!"

"Getting you cleaned up."

"I don't need your help!"

"Naozaj? Pretože z miesta, kde stojím, sa nemôžeš ani obťažovať, že sa prezlečieš. Teraz sa do tej prekliatej sprchy, než ťa urobím."

"Dotkni se mě znovu," Maria threatened. "A vytrhnu ti tvoje zasraný oči."

"Three things," Wanda replied as she let the tendrils of maroon magic that she possessed begin to swirl around the girl. Maria's eyes went wide when they engulfed her body, raising her up off the ground and towards the bathtub. "First - it's really hard to be intimidated by you when you smell like a distillery. Second - I can clearly move things with my mind, including you. And third - you do realize you just spoke in Czech, right?"

"Who gives a fuck about what language I spoke in," screamed Maria whilst she was being lowered into the bathtub. The second her feet touched the cold ceramic floor the water was turned on. Maria was doused in ice cold water, causing her to scream. "What the fuck?!"

"You have to get yourself together," Wanda said, moving into the tub to keep Maria from going anywhere. Now they were both getting soaked as Maria tried and tried to fight against the girl's hold on her. But her body was too weak to do anything but writhe.