sixtyfour

"Will you still love me when I got nothing but my aching soul?"

Song: Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey

. . . . .

"M- Maria," groaned Bucky with barely any energy left in him. "Darling... just breathe... breathe for me."

He glanced in her direction as best he could, feeling himself get flooded with anger. Maria was still chained to the wall, dressed in the dirty remnants of the clothes she had been wearing back at the villa. She was crying heavily - her panic attack lasting far longer than any he had ever seen. Every single time she got close to passing out, Grant had a medical team come and revive her. He wanted her to watch every single second of the man getting brutally turned into a weapon.

"You better do what he says," growled Grant, grabbing Maria's hair and yanking her head up towards him. "Otherwise the next bullet is going through his fucking heart."

"Doll," Bucky said gently as Maria's eyes tore from Grant to him. "Just do what he says, and you will be okay."

"Bu- But you-"

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine - see," the man said with a forced smile. But Bucky knew she was feeling everything he was. The man wasn't going to be fine. He was going to either die or fall prey to their trap.

"See," Grant reiterated sarcastically. The man walked over towards Bucky and pressed his finger against the bullet wound on his shoulder. Bucky bit into his lip to keep from howling in pain. "He's going to be just fine."

"Fuck you," spat Bucky with as much energy as he could. Grant just smiled before shoving him back against the chair. Bucky stiffened up and prayed that this was all just some fucked up dream. That he was really asleep and this was simply a nightmare that he was having during a midday nap out on the beach. But he knew it wasn't. This was the real thing.

As the chair lit up, Bucky felt his body go rigged. Pain coursed through him as electricity fried his brain to pieces. He could hear the muffled cries coming from his soulmate, but his head was so bogged down from the chair that it sounded as though she was miles away. Bucky's fists were clenched as sweat rolled down his face. He felt like his brain was going to explode at any second.

But then it stopped.

Bucky hung his head and groaned in pain, trying to catch his breath. He knew the end was close - his mind was becoming too jumbled to process everything that was happening. As he lifted his eyes, he knew that Grant was saying something that was supposed to be pissing him off. Bucky couldn't hear a thing, and all movement was distorted. The only thing that the man could focus on was the girl in front of him.

Maria looked so terrified - for who he wasn't sure. Bucky tried to smile at her for reassurance, but it was no use. So he just kept speaking with his eyes and the bond. He told her how much he loved her through his feelings. He reminded her that she was strong with his eyes. If either of them had any chances to stay alive, it was going to be with Maria staying tough and fighting. She was the best fighter Bucky knew, and if anyone could make it out alive it was going to be her.