twentytwo

"She's a maneater, make you work hard, make you spend hard, make you want all of her love

"She's a maneater, make you work hard, make you spend hard, make you want all of her love."

Song: Maneater by Nelly Furtado

. . . . .

"You're nervous," Steve said, leaning against the door frame of Bucky's bathroom. The ex-assassin was scrambling around in search of his cologne - the one Wanda had bought for him, claiming that it would make Maria fall head over heels for him.

"I don't get nervous."

"Oh, yeah? I seem to remember you once were so 'not nervous' for your date with Hannah Clemmons that you sweated through your shirt."

"Fuck," Bucky said, looking in the mirror at his back to make sure he hadn't done the same thing. He could hear Steve laughing, which earned him a glare from his friend. "You're an ass."

"And you're trying too hard. Just be yourself, Buck."

"'Just be yourself,'" mocked the man, using a high pitched voice to mimic Steve. "Have you met me?"

"Y'know, I don't think I have. Who are you again?"

"Fuck off."

"I'm serious," laughed Steve as he walked over to his friend. His hands were placed on Bucky's shoulders in an attempt to reassure him. "She likes you for you, its obvious to everyone."

"I know, I know... What time is it?"

"Time for you to go and get her. The party should be starting any time now."

Steve left, leaving Bucky to put the finishing touches on his outfit. Wanda had swore that this navy suit would match well with Maria's dress, however he wasn't much of a suit kind of guy. She had also practically forced him to trim down his beard, much to his dismay. But as he looked at himself, he couldn't deny that he looked good. He just hoped that Maria felt the same way.

After slipping on his navy suit jacket over his tucked in white button up, Bucky made his way out of his room. Luckily the walk to his girlfriend's room wasn't but a few feet. That word still felt so right yet sp forgiegn - girlfriend. That's what she was, or at least what they decided that she was to him. But the idea that she was his made his heart quicken it's beat.

"Come in," Maria said on the other side of the door after Bucky had knocked three times. Once he opened it, Bucky couldn't help but shake his head. Her room was a disaster - the remnants of her, Natasha, Wanda, and Agent Hill getting ready evident everywhere. He saw a couple of empty wine bottles, which almost made him feel a bit better. That meant that Maria was just as nervous as he was.

"Sorry," she sputtered from her bathroom. "Wanda put too much eyeliner on me and I- holy fuck."

That was Bucky's same reaction as his eyes fell on his soulmate. She looked beautiful - a white dress covering her body. Silky and smooth, falling down her body effortlessly. Her shoulders were on full display, minus the thin straps that held the dress up. Maria's dark brown hair was curled loosely, looking so soft that Bucky was dying to run his fingers through the locks. She was absolutely stunning, and she was his.