sixtyfive

"And I'm never gonna stop until I make 'em drop and burn 'em up and scatter their remains

"And I'm never gonna stop until I make 'em drop and burn 'em up and scatter their remains."

Song: Guns and Ships by Daveed Diggs, Leslie Odom Jr., and Original Broadway Cast of Hamilton

. . . . .

June 9, 2017

"Maria, I swear if you play that song one more time-"

"Steve, don't pretend like you don't like it. I've heard you humming it a few times."

"Only because there is nothing else to sing to."

"Alright, I'll make a deal with you. If you sing the entire chorus, I will change the song."

Maria turned to the side, smirking at him as he threw his head back against the headrest. After a few moments, he sighed and looked at her.

"Fine."

The girl turned the music up only slightly as the bridge began playing. Excitement was building up so much that she  almost forgot to press the record button on her hidden phone.

Almost.

"It's gonna take a lot to drag me awayyyy from youuuu. There's nothing that 100 men or more could every doooo. I bless the rains down in Aaaaafricaaaaa. Gonna take some time to do the things we never haaaaaaaaaad, ooo yeah. WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?!"

Maria couldn't help it - it was just too damn funny. He really got into it, even adding in a few hand gestures. He could lie all he wanted, but she knew that Steve secretly liked her music taste.

"Oh Steve, that was perfect," she said, rustling his hair before turning back towards flying the Quinjet. A few years ago, this flight would have terrified Maria. One wrong coordinate and the two of them would be smashed against the side of a mountain. But she had done this enough times that she knew exactly what she was doing.

Steve, on the other hand, was not so prepared.

"Maria.... Maria... Maria, are you trying to kill us?!"

"What's wrong Stevie??"

"What's wrong?! What's wrong is that you are about to fly us into a mountain."

"Brace yourself," was all that the girl said. He jumped on top of her - eyes shut as he prepared for what he thought was going to be their deaths. But when they didn't crash, he opened his eyes and looked out the window.

"Hey, hey Steve," Maria said, patting him through shallow breaths. The man was heavier than advertised, being a super soldier and all. He just said "oh, sorry. I thought-"