seventytwo*

"It's the way that you know what I thought I knew

"It's the way that you know what I thought I knew. It's the beat that my heart skips when I'm with you. But I still don't understand just how your love can do what no one else can."

Song: Crazy in Love by Eden Project

. . . . .

"Maybe we should think about building?"

"Really," Bucky asked, driving with one hand while his other was laced with Maria's. "That would take a while. Plus, you can never make your mind up about decorations. How many times have we redone our floor now?"

"Hey! That's not entirely my fault," argued the girl. "I seem to remember it turning into tornado alley at one point because of someone's temper tantrum."

Bucky shot a glare at the girl, making her laugh. Maria sat with her legs tucked up in the chair of the vehicle as she looked out the window. The couple had been to five different houses during the day, all of them ending up being duds. It wasn't that they weren't nice, but they weren't what the two were looking for. It was beginning to wear the girl down. She thought that finding a house would be simple. Apparently there was a lot more that went into it than just walking up and saying "yes."

Maria had been ready to give up when her soulmate said they had one more stop. He wanted to show you a house he had found during his late night home search on his phone. Maria had fallen asleep, but apparently he had stayed up long past her to keep searching homes for sale. Bucky swore that this house was going to be "the one," but Maria wasn't getting her hopes up.

"How much longer," whined the girl. "I'm getting hungry."

"We just ate!"

"Ten hours ago!"

"You had an entire pizza to yourself!"

"So?! I'm a growing girl," Maria said with a pout, lulling her head over on Bucky's shoulder. "I need sustenance or I might perish."

"I didn't know being hungry made you speak so proper," teased the man.

"Kind sir," the girl replied in her best British accent. "Would you please be so kind as to escort me towards the nearest establishment so that I might fill my aching stomach with nourishments?"

"That was bloody terrible," Bucky stated in his own British accent. He turned the vehicle down a gravel road, pulling Maria's attention to the land. They were only 20 miles past the compound to the north, meaning that they were deep into the forest. "There are about 40 acres of land here - both woods and clear land used for raising animals. The trees are maple, so they can be tapped to make syrup."

Maria nodded as the two pulled up to a house that was right on the river. Her jaw dropped at the sight of it's external body. There had to have been at least two stories, if not three assuming there was a basement. The roof of the log house was green, with a wrap around porch littered with a porch swing and rocking chairs. It was gorgeous, and exactly what Maria had pictured.