onehundredandthree

"I take my gun to the enemy's side

"I take my gun to the enemy's side."

Song: Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons

. . . . .

Maria didn't want to move. She told herself it was because Bucky looked so tranquil as he slept on top of her that she just didn't want to disturb him. While that was not a lie, it was only a partial truth. She knew he did it on purpose. No matter what he might have agreed to before the night fell, Maria knew that he would do everything in his power to keep her in bed with him, even if that meant sleeping in a way that would require effort to get up.

She didn't blame him. Hell, had the tables been turned and the roles reversed, she would have done the same thing. Nearly two years ago she had the urge to beg him not to leave her. Granted, he was doing the same thing - the nonverbal guilt trip that didn't have to be said. Maria just knew.

It was surprising he even went to sleep. She had honestly assumed that he would stay up and consciously keep her bound to the bed. But, then again, he had always said her pussy was like nyquil. A few shots and he was out like a light.

"Bucky," the girl whispered quietly, knowing he wouldn't wake up to it. She felt a tear roll down her face as she tried her best to remain as calm as possible. "I love you, James. I love you, always."

If Maria stayed any longer, she knew she wouldn't go. Using her powers as gently as possible, the girl moved the sleeping soldier off of her to give her enough space to move out from beneath him. Once he was laying back down and covered, Maria hurried to change and grab all of her things. When she made it outside, the girl snuck around the back of the house in an attempt to avoid Clint. He took the first shift of the night, and Maria was thankful it was him and not someone who was partially deaf.

Maria quickly got into her father's car and sped off down the road as fast as humanly possible. This wasn't what she wanted, but she had convinced herself that it was the most logical and responsible thing she could do. That did not mean that Maria didn't start crying as she drove hours on end. Her heart hurt for what she was doing, but she knew it was the best case scenario for all involved.

When the sun began rising, that's when she started getting phone calls. Everyone tried calling Maria, but she declined each and every one of them. It wasn't until Steve called her for the tenth time that she finally answered.

"Where the hell are you, Stark?!"

"Steve, please. Stop calling me."

"No, no I won't stop," he argued amidst the loud roar of people behind him. "Whatever it is that you are thinking of doing - don't. We don't trade lives, Maria."

"Steve, for once in your life just stay out of it, okay? I know what I'm doing."

"You know- You fucking talk to her," the man said angrily, passing the phone off. A bunch of excess noise could be heard before another serious tone.