onehundredandfiftythree

"I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you

"I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you."

Song: The Night We Met by Lord Huron

. . . . .

Journal Entry #50

I talked to her.

Actually, I scared her. And then I talked to her. But the scaring wasn't on purpose.

I woke up from a nightmare and was hungry, so I decided to go and grab some of my plums because.... you know.... Memory loss and all that shit. Anyways, as I was walking out of my room, I heard movement and noticed Maria's door was open. I know she has been getting nightmares, so I assumed she was doing the same thing I was doing. She wasn't paying attention and ended up walking straight into me. Which was when I noticed she had my plums.

The interaction was short overall, but I did get to "flirt" with her, although Sam would have heavily disagreed with me. But what would you call slamming each other into opposite walls and then whispering into the person's face? Because that seems an awful lot like flirting to me.

God, she is just..... I'm whipped and she barely even knows I exist.

Side note: ever since our "moment," my tattoo has been itching. Like, more than usual. It's so strange, but I don't exactly know what it means. I might try and talk to Steve about it in the morning if it is still giving me issues.

- - - - -

When the morning came, it was time to commence working towards the time heist. A lot had been done, but plenty was still left to do. While a group of survivors went to work on the quantum tunnel, others messed around with the suits that they were going to use to navigate the realm itself. Maria found herself bouncing back and forth between the groups to help out where it was needed.

It was a coping mechanism - one to hide the nerves that were arising in the pit of her stomach. She was anxious about everything, so trying to pin it down to one solid feeling wasn't working. Maria kept herself busy whilst trying to keep her father and Rocket from getting into a fist fight over who was the better genius. When that became more hostile than she wanted to deal with, the girl found herself standing in the doorway where the group working on the suits were located.

"This is what we have," Scott rambled nervously. "We're not making any more."

"Scott, calm down," muttered Rhodey, who was over Scott's irritability.

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do overs. Plus two test runs," the man stated before he turned tiny. When he returned to normal size only seconds later, Scott looked even more nervous whilst Rhodey sighed. "One test run. Alright. I'm not ready for this."