onehundredandtwentyseven

"Bang, shots fired

"Bang, shots fired. Pain is what you desire."

Song: Start a War by Klergy

. . . . .

"Oh, yeah. You're much more of a Thanos," Maria head Stephen say. She was crouched down, hidden from the titan's view. The girl sat back and watched as the purple monster spoke with the man, waiting for the time when she and the rest of the team were to strike.

"I take it the Maw is dead," Thanos questioned. When he got no response - which in itself was a response - he sighed. "This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission."

"You may regret that," Stephen told him as Thanos continued to eye the time stone. "He brought you face to face with the master of the mystic arts."

"And where do you think he brought you?"

"Let me guess," taunted the wizard. "Your home?"

"It was. And it was beautiful," Thanos told the man. Using the power of the stones he did have, Maria watched as Thanos changed their reality. No longer was she looking at a desolated planet, but rather one full of life and color. It was quite beautiful - this thriving planet. "Titan was like most planets - too many mouths, not enough to go around. When we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide."

"But random," Thanos said, as though that made any difference. "Dispassionate. Fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a mad man."

"Huh," Maria muttered silently to herself. "I wonder why?"

"And what I predicted came to pass," Thanos said, continuing his satire whilst using the reality stone to shift the planet back to what it truly looked like in the present day.

"Congratulations," Stephen told him sarcastically. "You're a prophet."

"I'm a survivor."

"Who wants to murder trillions."

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers. They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy."

"And then what?"

"I'd finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe," the titan told him. "The hardest choices require the strongest wills."

"I think you'll find," Stephen announced as he stood up and began to use his magic. "Our will equal to yours."

"Our?"

Everything happened so quickly, Maria didn't even have time to think. Her father pushed down an entire piece of an ancient structure onto Thanos. The titan used the stones to survive, seeming more pissed than anything else. Each member of the team took a moment to fight him and wear him out - throwing objects or bullets at him. Everyone was trying to subdue him in any way possible. When it came Maria's turn, the purple titan snarled at her as she held him down with her powers.