anniversary chapter two

"They say I did something bad, then why's it feel so good?"

Song: I Did Something Bad by Taylor Swift

. . . . .

May 7th, 2012

Maria tiptoed out of the spare bedroom - the over-sized t-shirt she had tossed on in the pitch black space falling just low enough for her to hide the fact that she had been unable to find her underwear. The girl was dying of thirst, having been too exhausted after her shenanigans to have gotten up and gotten a drink prior to falling asleep. But now, in the middle of the night, her mouth was so dry that she couldn't sleep.

She didn't know much about the layout of the tower, only that the kitchen was just a few turns away from the bedroom that she had been seduced to. It wasn't that she had been forced - oh no, the moment that Maria had laid eyes on the man she had known that she would be in for one hell of a ride with him. The girl just knew that she could never say a word to anyone about her most recent hookup. She could already imagine the looks she would get when her team found out that she had fucked the man who had just played a part in trying to take over their world.

Once she found the kitchen, Maria practically ran to the fridge for a bottle of water. Unfortunately there was none to be found, given that they were staying on a level that was rarely occupied. But the normal rooms had been demolished in the midst of the battle three days prior. So she settled for one of the Bloody Marys she had made just hours before. The vodka stung in her throat but somehow cured her overwhelming cottonmouth.

"Someone's up late," a thundering voice bellowed, causing Maria to jump in her own skin. She nearly dropped her drink, to which the blonde across the island laughed at. "My apologies, Lady Stark," Thor Odinson chuckled. "I had no intentions of scaring you shitless."

"Could've fooled me," glared Maria, who dialed it back when she knew that he really hadn't meant to freak her out. Thor reached out and took the drink from her, downing it with the same tempo as she had. The god scrunched up his nose as he looked back at the girl. "Aren't you a bit young to be consuming such... strong beverages?"

"Aren't you a little old to be up at the ass crack of dawn," countered Maria, making Thor smile down at her. "Well, I was sleeping quite peacefully until I heard sounds coming from my brother's room." Maria's heart stopped, but she tried her best to keep her face neutral as she swallowed thickly. "How dare he keep you up when you so clearly need your beauty sleep," the girl countered, choking the words out and already planning her escape.

But Thor just eyed her up and down, noting her bare body except the shirt that most clearly did not belong to her. "Really, Maria," he questioned. "You're practically a child-" "You're not my father," she replied quickly, standing up to the god though she knew he could blast her off the face of the planet if he was provoked far enough. The banter between them since meeting earlier that day had been endless, but she wasn't about to let someone who didn't even know her berate her for the choices she made regarding who got to be in between her legs. "And I don't answer to you."